One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Looky Loo
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He is finally here folks. This is the second apocalyptic figure of several I plan on doing. Hope you enjoy it.

Backstory:

FBI Special Agent in charge Anthony "Bobby" Peterson was leading his CIRG team on an operation in Las Vegas when the end came. His team was about to apprehend a terrorist cell in an underground parking deck when a nuclear explosion partially collapsed the parking deck setting off the conventional bomb the terrorists had in a van, killing all of his team except for himself and another team member. After a few months it became clear that several gangs had formed and were vying for control of Las Vegas and to survive they had to join a gang. Over the next year he was able to piece together that the terrorist cell he was after was a decoy. In reality the main group was running several decoy operations to mask their master plan of bringing the United States to its knees. Sadly they succeeded. They set off devices in D.C., New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Miami, Dallas and several other cities and more than two dozen key military bases and facilities. All of the chaos that followed quickly broke down the government and fractured the United States into multiple city/state zones that are run by individuals ranging from two bit thugs to hardened criminals. Now after four years Las Vegas has three factions fighting it out for ultimate control of Las Vegas. To the west is the Red Rock wasteland controlled by the Wasteland Warlord. To the east is the Lake Mead Reservation controlled by the Chief and Las Vegas is currently controlled by the Viper. Over the years Bobby earned the nickname, Ghost. He would appear suddenly, strike, then disappear just as quickly as he appeared. When the paths of the Ghost and the Viper crossed the Viper knew that he wanted him to be his right hand man. The Viper struck a deal with the Ghost and he betrayed and killed his gang leader at the time and with that the Viper was finally able to takeover Las Vegas. For now the battle continues, but who will ultimately win the empty soul of Las Vegas?

·
Life is tough then u die
966 Posts
That is really cool Wes. I like the back story as well. The gear looks great too.

·
That'll Be The Day
511 Posts
That looks freaking awesome man. Nice job on that one.

·
Looky Loo
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Bad guys always seem to make the mistake of leaving a guy like this alive. I like that he chose to wear those big old sh*tkickers.

·
Looky Loo
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bad guys always seem to make the mistake of leaving a guy like this alive. I like that he chose to wear those big old sh*tkickers.
I agree PD. I know it sounds a bit cliché, but what's a fella to do? :think I have been looking to use those cowboy boots on a figure and it just seemed appropriate with him being dressed in all black and in a wild west kind of town. ;)

Wow that is one heck of a work Wes, good looking figure. Like his load out and great idea on the mask.
Thanks Fioski. The load out was meant to be a balls to the wall kind of deal. :eek:wn The mask just screams death with his look. Wish I had a patch for him that says, "Death lurks in the shadows."

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,822 Posts
A very cool figure. Excellent job.

Moreover, I like your background story. It incorporates some elements we've read & seen over the years for apocalyptic fiction within the US. Not to sound political, but your scenario hits a little too close to reality, but I digress.

Again, excellent job and looking forward to seeing more characters.

Maybe there should be an ongoing thread or a collaborative project featuring interpretations of characters from your apocalyptic scenario?

:)

·
Looky Loo
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A very cool figure. Excellent job.

Moreover, I like your background story. It incorporates some elements we've read & seen over the years for apocalyptic fiction within the US. Not to sound political, but your scenario hits a little too close to reality, but I digress.

I agree with you DFC, but like Oscar Wilde said, "Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life". I did think about whether or not I should use this scenario, but like Old Oscar said and it just made it easier to get all this started. ;)

Again, excellent job and looking forward to seeing more characters.

Thanks for the kind words.

Maybe there should be an ongoing thread or a collaborative project featuring interpretations of characters from your apocalyptic scenario?

Now that's a great idea. I think I'll hold off until I get a few more figures done and hash out the stories for the other characters to lay a foundation then start a thread revolving around post apocalyptic Las Vegas. Thanks for the idea.

:)
Whaddya know, a post-apoc bash with nary a gas-mask to be seen. Now I can die happy. :green
The "Deal" with that is the bomb went off in the northeast corner of Las Vegas to take out Nellis Air Force base and at the time of the blast the weather pattern was blowing the winds from the southeast and pushed the majority of the fall out through the Valley of Fire, Moapa Valley and into south eastern Utah, so masks weren't needed as long after the initial blast.

·
Looky Loo
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have one question! is this call of duty inspired? other than that great bash!
No sir this is not Call of Duty inspired. I've never played COD and seen very little of it. My newest gaming system is a PS Gen 1. LOL. Bad eyes, even worse eye-hand coordination and carpal tunnel in both hands make for lousy video gaming. :wink Thanks for the compliment!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts