One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Great discussion but don't assume SS will link "lower sales" with "customer disatisfaction with quality". They could easily link "lower sales" with "customer disinterest". Everyone who has issues with SS quality needs to let them know why you aren't buying. I spoke with SS people at last year's toyfair in NYC and asked why they don't do more military figures. Some key points to the discussion were " we trying to move into the licensing market (movies, comic book figures etc.) and secondly they don't see a demand as they got really stung by their last foray into military (barbwire and bayonet series). OK, the WWI figures were cool but they were around FOREVER because they didn't sell well in comparison to some other figures. My point to them was if you want to sell gazillions of figures there are a heck of a lot more military figures out there with higher demand than WWI. Sorry if WWI interests you. I'm just trying to explain a business mindset to a collector audience. Remember SS doesn't typically do 1000 - 1500 piece runs. The moral of the story is communicate to the manufacturer because they aren't reading our minds or the tea leaves too well either.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Mlatch221 you said it well, you said it true and you said it short. Wish I could do as well.

You know folks we CHOOSE to participate in this hobby. We also CHOOSE to purchase or not. What you buy or don't will change things the most (but help the manufacturer with a note so he takes it the right way and just doesn't abandon the line).

Its going to get more expensive. Personally I would pay MORE if I could get it made here vesus China but we've forced ourselves out of that with wage control, OSHA regulations and PC out of control (notice all the US made toys are cute little wood toys to "inspire" the young creative mind).

If the hobby is too expensive maybe one is in the wrong hobby? I personally like cars but can't afford the dozen I want. I don't complain about how expensive Corvette's are. TOO many folks want a corvette at a mustang's price. Nothing wrong with mustangs. Best bang for the buck in the sportscar market I think.

A pet peeve of mine is bringing up a problem with no solution. I think this is the same definition goes for whining.

My solution...

Go into business for yourself. Make what YOU want to see at the QUALITY you are willing to accept. Not going to do that? Then quit beating up those mean, greedy unappreciative plastic crack manufacturers that take ALL the risk, PAY for all the business costs and sometimes try and make us happy. Buy or don't buy is the only question otherwise suck it up and drive on hero.

Don't take this personal, its not meant to be. OSW is GREAT! The hooby is bigger and offers more than ever before but I just read too much negativity out there and its especially sharp from some.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Woops!!!

Totally my bad. I'm doing pushups as I type (one handed of course). You are right this IS a b____ thread! There is no whine limit in a b____ thread. Sorry! Let the whining continue.

My $.02 "Don't like? Don't buy!" (but write to the manufacturer).

Transmission complete.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.