One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Paying what they ask is one issue, but the rising cost of everything including onesix, is another. The only thing that hasn't risen as swiftly is most of our incomes.
Sideshow's military offerings have been a bit schizo, imo. I don't think one or two figures gathering dust is a good indicator in a line where most figures can't be found for love or money. American Revolution, ACW, WW1 and Vietnam (despite some gear which was primitive when released) figures are still being sought after. You can't guarantee every figure will be a winner. They could sell plenty of carded weapons sets, if they put 'em out.

SST's sculpts seem to vary widely in that quality which makes them either awesome or disappointing. Their hands are, in the estmation of many, one of their strong points. Along with Twisting Toyz's, they get transplanted onto other bashes for an extra touch of realism.
As for bodies....if SST wants to charge the big bucks, they need to include a good body. All the other players have sweated thru the development process, and now their bodies are big selling points.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I suppose there's also a demand from individuals who will pay these prices not because they are involved in onesix, but from a SW fan/investor-trader/"that one just caught my eye" approach. Head scale, paint apps, clothing and gear detail, articulation and the like may not mean that much to them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.