One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Looks like a nicely-written, well-made film will be re-done in a highly-complicated and way-too-full-of-themselves version. This many hyphens bodes no good for man.....

"Klaatu barada Whoaaa..."

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Dunno... I liked the preview. Funny, when I saw Keanu in the chair being asked questions, I said - ohhh no, not another Martix flick lol. Gotta go see the original now to see what movie is all about...

Alexei
whoa dude, you've never seen the original... most heinous

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
The showed a sneak preview the other night before "Fringe" premier. It definately appears to be worth the price of a ticket.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
I feel sorry for fans of this film. I've honestly never seen the original but I know it's highly revered by many, and this has to be the worst possible scenario imaginable for those people (Keanu Reeves+environmentalism).

Alas, I know some day, some [email protected]# will eventually try to remake The Thing, and when they do, I'm going to s#$% the bed. :bag

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I feel sorry for fans of this film. I've honestly never seen the original but I know it's highly revered by many, and this has to be the worst possible scenario imaginable for those people (Keanu Reeves+environmentalism).

Alas, I know some day, some [email protected]# will eventually try to remake The Thing, and when they do, I'm going to s#$% the bed. :bag
:doh
Youre kidding right?
The John Carpenter version is a remake.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Not a fan of the old one.

Surely you don't think a newer version could trump Carpenter's?
I thought the original was better then Carpenter's. Not better special effects but a better movie.

Speaking of re-makes that shouldn't be... I'm hearing the buzz about a re-make of Escape from New York :dizzy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.