One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this Tony Barton head in a trade and have always liked a 1887 photo by John C.H. Grabill of a cowboy named Fred Pierce so I decided to do my take on it.
The body, vest, pants, boots are from SST, Head Tony Barton with my feeble painting skills, Shirt BGT, I made the rest, Saddle from Jean Ross and I worked over the Thunderbolt horse into a red sorrel which looks darker without flash.

I've had this figure done for awhile but every time I get time to take outside pictures my favorite spot is under water and my second favorite is over grown with weeds or it's raining.

So here are some inside shots.

Origianal Grabill photo.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone
Yeah Rogerbee more cowboy's.
Cablecommander: I think my favorite of Tony's heads has to be the Falklands one. I hope to get another soon.
Okieh2: Thanks on the chaps they are goatskin dyed with Rite clothing dye.
Geppetto2: That's just a regular MArx Thunderbolt. I cut the head off with a dremel turned it a bit and made cuts in the inside curve of the neck to give it a somewhat curved look. Then I filled everything in with apoxie sculpt. I also cut the horse in two and added around 3/4 inch. I think it makes them look better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts