One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fantastic folks at Phicen / TBL have added yet another card to their deck of many riddles, and, if you'll allow me, I shall flip that to you now…

(Due apologies if this matter is already under discussion elsewhere in the forum - which I suspect that it probably is, as you all seem thorough and miss little...)

Whatever are these diminutive bodies
!?

(The "new" s25, below on the left; the "Fighter Woman" on the right.)

Head Arm Human body Jaw Gesture

I ordered this quite recently. When it arrived, I'd thought, "Well, it's marvelous, of course, but - where am I going to find a head to fit it?"

Does anyone else find this to be particularly problematic?

Is the task of matching skin tones to head sculpts not already difficult enough?

Now, we must yet contend with an issue of proportion, which, I dare predict, will soon have us chewing our cheeks...

Any advice from you veterans would be much appreciated...

My many thanks and regards in advance…

PS: I love you, TBLeague... But sometimes I think you mean to break my beating heart…

:cry

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Indeed, and this is actually the "larger" of these tiny ones…

You know, when I began this, I'd no plan for collecting noddles and nuts… I must admit that it doth bing my crosby…

Anyway, thank you for your advice, and for the links; I might have known that you'd already covered this, Gubernatorfan. I will certainly look into your suggestions…

Many thanks again, and as always.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GubernatorFan wrote: "To the usual challenge of finding a head sculpt that would match the skin tone closely enough, we now have to add the additional challenge of finding a head sculpt that would not appear too large for the body…"

LOL. You're awesome, Guv.

Unfortunately, I'm just not feeling any of those options…

:erm

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have no interest in creating any characters out of those down scaled TBLeague bodies. I prefer shorter bodies like what Hot Toys does for eg. Black Widow and Scarlet Witch.
And what I would like is a black African tone female type with matching heads.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And what I would like is a black African tone female type with matching heads.
:agree

I wholly agree with that, buddy...

I would strongly second the necessity for more ethnic variety among all the various 1/6 manufacturers - and perhaps especially from TBL.

And while these diminutive physiques certainly seem to be equivalent in quality to any other Phicen / TBL product, I'm a bit discombobulated by all the additional issues that we'll inevitably face with regard to acceptable proportion matches (and by the way, the hands and feet are also smaller).

So, unless they've got some zingers in the pipe, this seems to me a somewhat incomplete production concept...

Change our minds, Phicen…

Simply produce your own head sculpts!

Produce your own line of head sculpts, Phicen!

Hey…! Phicen! Produce your own line of head sculpts!

Will you please produce your own damn line of head sculpts, Phicen?

:headspin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts