One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
neurotic neurone
16,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You could say it's an epilogue to my Resolute Joe roster or bridge to a whole new series. In any case, the Resolute team already has land force, naval force operatives, heck even has a flag officer among the ranks. Only branch missing so far is the air contingent. Wild Weasel is the obvious choice, but this time I want to recreate him into a real life version and change his specialty instead. He's no longer a Rattler pilot, but assigned to pilot Stealth Raven, Cobra's next generation stealth fighter. A relatively straight forward build with most of the time spent on helmet and outfit modding. Haven't built a pilot for quite some time, so it's refreshing to work on one.

• Body - BBI G1
• Helmet - BBI JASDF F-15 Driver. Completely reworked and repainted.
• Pilot vest/G-pants - BBI JASDF F-15 driver, tinted with black washes and weathered.
• Gloved hands - BBI JASDF F-15 driver, repainted/weathered.
• Flightsuit - 21C Medivac helo pilot jumpsuit. Dyed and then tinted with red pastel chalk to bring out the highlights.
• Patches - Custom
• Blue turtleneck sweater(barely visible) - Dyed Hasbro HOF Snake Eyes sweater
• Boots - Slightly weathered DML Hit Team boots.
• Pistol/holster - Repainted 21C SOCOM + weathered BBI holster.
• Mission briefcase - Old school Japanese superhero playset piece; weathered.

Cartoon ref...

Stealth Raven - Cobra Air Force's next generation stealth deep strike platform. Designed to replace the Night Raven fleet. Despite it's smaller airframe and slower top speed than its predecessor, it offers much robust stealth capabilities and larger payload thanks to the deployment of precision micro munitions. Designed for high altitude reconnaissance and deep strike missions, Stealth Ravens however, are most often used in highly illegal false flag ops against Gi Joes and its allies. To maximize the covert nature of the missions, each raven is being transported inside the belly cargo hold of Atlas class blend wing supertransport operated by Extensive Global Logistics, subsidiary of Tomax/Xamot's Extensive Enterprise. The transport would pick the commercial air travel route that is closest to the objective. Under the guise of falsified flight plan and cargo signature, the transport would sneak past the air traffic control network and sometimes fighter patrols. Once the transport is near the point of no return, Stealth Raven would drop from the cargo hold and immediately engage in cloaking mode. Gi Joe task force and their allies sometimes reported being attacked by rogue Skystrikers, but in reality those are the handy works of Stealth Ravens under false radar cross section(RCS) signatures. Since the death of Strato Viper, Wild Weasel has been temporary reassigned to the Raven unit. He often volunteered highly risky missions, attempting to lure out his long time Gi Joe rival, Skystriker pilot Ace.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Freakin' awesome and hecka kewl stealth fighter jet jock, dude! ACE-bash all
around!
:thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb :thumb

·
GI Joe Fan
479 Posts
Aww yeah!!! :bravo

I find it interesting that I'm not the only one using that suitcase. Mine came with a robot that came out about 15 years ago. Cool as heck! Because it showed how much articulation you could get into a figure and make it look cool. Anyway... I'm using the same suitcase for my Salvo custom.

Again, nice work Leo!

·
neurotic neurone
16,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike....thanks brotha. It was a blast building him, now I have to bash his Joe counterpart, Ace down the road.

Greg...thank you sir. I too love how the helmet turns out. The boots I believe are from DML's Hit Team Daniel boxset.

Doug....thanks boss. It was a simple, quick project; especially under the spell of Sunday freezing rain warning.

Matt....LMAO!! Thank you boss. I have been checking out a few WW bashes lately for ideas, Svantley's awesome take comes in mind almost immediately.

Chris......Thanks brotha. I know!!! Gotta love those suitcases. Indeed with the addition of them, the figure looks a heck more cooler. With the advent of 3D printing, hope someday I can duplicate them in numbers.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Very cool! I would have gone for blue flight gear just for the traditional Cobra colours but he looks great like this too, maybe he would look too much like an air ambulance or coast guard pilot in red and blue anyway!LOL.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts