One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Custom Basher
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Monday he was the lead instructor at the Mountain Climbing school for Recon Marines in the Sierra Nevada Mountains. By late Thursday he was in Afghanistan climbing into caves most people couldn’t see let alone reach. His orders were simple “get in, and kill anything inside”. He is waiting for other qualified Marines to arrive. Until then he works alone. The young marines in the unit call him “The Cave Hunter”.

Ok, Ok, since the SEAL Polar Mountain Striker came out everyone is making climbers. I couldn’t resist.

This is a true bash. Everything came from the spare parts box or I made it. The head sculpt is DML, re-painted with artist oils. The body is a BBI G3.5. The equipment and gear is a mix of Dragon, BBI and Hot Toys re-painted or weathered in acrylics. Some of the climbing gear is custom made, as is the holster. (Converted from leg drop to belt slide).

The base is a wood 7” round with groundwork of celluclay and plaster railroad rocks.

The idea is he’s peering over the edge of a cliff on the ground where troops had been ambushed the day before.

Let the hunt begin.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Custom Basher
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. I just noticed how bad the picture of the pack and gear is. Sorry. So I put together this to explain where I got the stuff to make the climbing gear. Nothing too hard just a little cutting and painting.

Attachments

·
Custom Basher
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ray,

The boots are the BBI Danners. I weathered them and did a little detail work on the brass eyelets for the laces. Normaly I re-paint any boots I use but these looked good just weathered. I perfer to use Newline leather boots whenever I can. Real leather and a little artist oils for wear makes them look great. But I didn't have any that looked right with the figure.

Here's a picture of the Newline Fallschrimjager boots weathered. Man I love these boots!

Attachments

·
Custom Basher
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks PD. Those ropes were almost more trouble than they were worth. Sometimes finding tings in the right scale is a painful quest.

·
Custom Basher
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
To all, thank you,

vlanet, Sorry, no reference pics. I made it up. There is a picture from the 70's/80's in the Osprey Marine Recon book, showing climbing exercises/training in the Sierra Nevadas. That and my time in the corps gave me the idea. Adapt, overcome, improvise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.