One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
OSW Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Captain
WWII German SS-Hauptsturmführer (SS-Captain), Michael Wittmann.
Customized by Zuno

-----------------------------------------------------

Head: Repaint_ DML
Body: Weathered_ DML
Hat: Weathered_ DML
Jacket: Weathered_ DML
Pants: Weathered_ DML
Boots: Weathered_ DID
Glove: Weathered_ DML
Tiger I Tank: Built by zuno

-----------------------------------------------------

Michael Wittmann (April 22, 1914 - August 8, 1944) was a German SS-Hauptsturmführer (SS-Captain) during World War II.
Wittman's crews (chiefly gunner Balthasar "Bobby" Woll, also a Knight's Cross holder) are known to have destroyed at least 138 tanks and 141 artillery pieces, along with an unknown number of other armoured vehicles. Together with Johannes Bölter, Otto Carius and Kurt Knispel (the top scoring German panzer ace of the war with 168 confirmed tank kills) he is considered to be one of the greatest tank commanders in history.
He is famous for his June 13, 1944, ambush of elements of the British 7th Armoured Division's 22nd Armoured Brigade at the Battle of Villers-Bocage in a Tiger tank.
-Wikipedia-

Happy New Year, All...
I customized Michael Wittmann sitting on the gun barrel of a Tiger Tank as the original his photo.

Enjoy it.

Peace~
... zuno

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Wooohh.... Nice work! I love your photograpy work zuno! You always bring in great pictures of your work!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Very nice! That vignette btw, has been on my list for years, with plans for a partial Tiger turrent and gun, but you included the whole tank!!! It would be interesting to find a Wittman sculpt smiling the way he did; also, I saw a painted, colorized rendition of that famous photo, with brown boots and gloves and wondered if the artist in his research made definitive confirmation of how Wittman's original gear looked like, but I personally had issues with non-matching colors since Wittman and his crew carried carte blanche with the Waffen SS supply depot by way of the Propaganda Ministry.

·
OSW Member
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
superado said:
Very nice! That vignette btw, has been on my list for years, with plans for a partial Tiger turrent and gun, but you included the whole tank!!! It would be interesting to find a Wittman sculpt smiling the way he did; also, I saw a painted, colorized rendition of that famous photo, with brown boots and gloves and wondered if the artist in his research made definitive confirmation of how Wittman's original gear looked like, but I personally had issues with non-matching colors since Wittman and his crew carried carte blanche with the Waffen SS supply depot by way of the Propaganda Ministry.
Yae... That's right.
It would be much better with a smiling Wittmann... :) ... but I couldn't find it.
Next time, I'll try to sculpt him... sooner or later... :lol
Thank you for all your words, Superado.

... Zuno... :)

·
One-Hicks Scale
739 Posts
awesome photography. those boots are too cool. and that's some nice detailing, with the glimmer of steel around the hatch openings on that tank.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts