One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Best 1:6 Company was Kaustic Plastik and the figure of the year was their Centurion. Historically accurate, museum quality with real metal, great sculpt, low edition size to assure collector value, and a reasonable price point. I cannot believe I am the only one to feel this way.

Edit - glad to see I am not alone, after all!

More thoughts on Kaustic Plastik,

They had four releases this year, including the best figure of the year, in my opinion. The muscle bodies were pretty much instant sell outs and I see they are very popular with our customizing community. The gladiator set includes gear modeled exactly after surviving artifacts from the gladiatorial school in Pompeii, using real metal, and there is enough gear included to kit bash two or three gladiators. The legionary with marching kit is the first and likely last representation we will ever have of an Imperial soldier's marching kit - the amount of detail that went into these tiny accessories is staggering. The legionary is overshadowed by the Centurion, but for historical reference this piece is of immense value to me as an artist, 1:64 collector, and student of history. Lastly the Centurion, the figure of the year.

KP listened to its customers and heavily modified its packaging and changed the way some parts were created to begin with. I contacted the US distributed and begged them to get 2012's Optio, exclusive to KP's store, in-stock for Americans... KP listened. There are dozens of examples of KP's owner, Fabio, working with customers around the globe to see that their broken parts are replaced and that future design prevents breakage in the future. I live in Alabama - Fabio shipped me a javelin because he read (on this forum) that mine was broken upon arrival. He insisted. KP solved the issue of broken cheek armor by making them magnets - and then gave us a couple of different cheek pieces for customization.

I also have to commend KP for being straight forward with the way they present their upcoming lineup. We don't get silly, blurred, useless teaser pictures or dramatic innuendo that leaves us hanging - Fabio presents detailed preproduction pictures and lets us, his customers, nitpick where we will. But to Fabio's credit, he has stuck with his guns and insisted on producing only MUSEUM WORTHY figures. Imitating brands have caved in and gone "Hollywood" with their historical pieces - Fabio very often answers criticism or requests for movie figures with photographs of artifacts and contemporary sculpture.

Compare the preproduction pictures to the final product, and the packaging of the 2012 legionary to the 2013 Centurion, and you'll see exactly why I say, "best 1:6 company of 2013"...

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thanks for doing this...:thumb
Yeah, these are always fun because there's going to be some discussion afterwards. I, for one, cannot believe the Chicago gangster got voted #2 best figure. That wasn't even DiD/3R's second best release, this year, in my opinion! --- much less the second best out of everyone! Churchill is better in every category!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.