One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The contest category is about creativity... but I focus on my favourite scenes a lot. These 3 took me lots of time to PS, particularly the last one.

<END OF WAR>
The figure was outdoors and later merged with a hi-def background. Some smoke effects to highlight the end of war... and "he" is finally going home.

<DOG FIGHT>
To fight unwillingly, sometimes it's our reality.

<Together we fight>
Like drawing a pic, I have to crop and paste those marine, air and combat drones.50 layers in total.... This took me two days.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
WOW! Great work, I can't use PS, AutoCAD, Illustrator etc.. I was "trained" to use them in my Product design degree but I'm much more hands on design wise; thank goodness they still had workshops back then so I could make real life working prototypes as I'd be screwed now since that's no longer an option!:wink
I love the last one the most being a huge IM fan, I'd use it as my screen saver but bloody windows mucked up my registration after I uninstalled win10 back to win7 so now they think it's an illegal copy so no screensavers allowed, bugger.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,923 Posts
Cool pictures.

QUESTION . . .

Are you upset or feel cheated/dismissed that your three pictures didn't get/failed to be nominated in a figure competition?

If yes, then what were the other pictures that did get nominated?

The thread's title makes it sound like you're upset.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I never participated in such competition but I think the main point in this competition is to be creatif, not with PS skills (only using PS for adjusting colors), but with your toys, with your action figures. How you pose them among others toys, how to pose them with the environment, and finally a picture that tells the whole story.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Cool pictures.

QUESTION . . .

Are you upset or feel cheated/dismissed that your three pictures didn't get/failed to be nominated in a figure competition?

If yes, then what were the other pictures that did get nominated?

The thread's title makes it sound like you're upset.
I was thinking that too DFC when i read the title.. :D

Well, you have a nice composition on those pictures, very nice shots, i like them all. :bravo

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to use it as wallpaper!

I love ironman too. But ht is losing her passion for real-life headsculpts!

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
I applaud you for the effort in creating these pictures.
Personally, I felt each pictures lacked harmony (color tone, shade, sharp lasso edges) between the subject/s and background thus fell short of it being natural when looking at it the first time.

An example of a harmonious picture from our very own MGBB (who is also from HK) :

I'm no expert in PS, just sharing my honest first initial impression when I looked at the 3 posted pictures.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts