One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
sometimes these things just happen by accident, but in the city i used to live in, the post office was pretty crooked.

once a package sent to my house was also scanned by the post office as "delivered and signed" - actually the lazy carrier scanned it as delivered, put it back in his truck, and dropped in the main post office as "undeliverable" and wrote in big black magic marker "no such address." it took me three days of trips to the post office for them to resolve this, and for me to get my box for which i had "signed" for. The carriers and workers at this office were marking packages as signed and delivered, losing the signature sheets, thus making your claim useless and their job safe, then they'd collect the parcels and divide the goods up amongst themselves, either to sell on the street, ebay, or just to keep. One guy at his trial was nicknamed "Ipod Ivan" as he had iPods available for sale for cheap, hundreds at a time.

this didnt just happen to me- it was a constant problem in the city, even on the news sometimes. The carriers and postmaster were running a scam so the locals and buisnesses paid a "protection" fee for their packages. this was mostly for buisnesses and large homes, but also for "complainers" like myself. if you didn't pay the 1st time, you would no longer recieve ANY mail. The 2nd time they asked, your property was vandalized, or windows broken... if i knew this i wouldnt have cursed out my letter carrier after his 1st "request" of $50 a year for regular mail, $100 for 6 months of safe parcel delivery. i told him off then bought a big PO box in a neighboring town.

the postmaster and 5 carriers have since been put in jail for corruption and extortion, and the 15-year scam was only caught because a local student overheard a carrier demanding payment for his mail to continue to be delivered to a local buisness, and reported it to the FBI.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts