One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
That was Zen, This is Tao
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I just want to put out a question to you all, I ordered a very expensive figure from Hong Kong andd when it didn't show up for a while I emailed the seller. He sent back a USPS tracking number that showed the item was delivered to my address two weeks ago. Needless to say I didn't receive it, does anyone know what point of recourse I have now? I payed via Paypal and it was registered mail - but tracking shows it was delivered. If anyone knows about these matters or has had previous experiences that were similar I would apppreciate any and all advice on next steps.
Thanks, - KYG

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Contact USPS first..........they are the ones who screwed up. Make sure you have all documentation when you present the problem to them.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If it was registered then someone will have signed for it .. and UPS should have copy of that signature. You should also get some sort of refund through Paypal as well.

I am undergoing a similar experience except I have 3 overdue packages, all from separate places - I am just about to draft a rather irate letter to my local postal service.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Same thing happened to me a while back. Like Butch said contact the OSPS. They cleared the problem up for me.

·
That was Zen, This is Tao
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gentlemen, I am hoping someone would have needed to sign for it and not to be left at the door but USPS.com does not clarify this if it's registered. Seeing as it has a status of delivered, will I have difficulty in convincing them it never reached me?

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Thanks gentlemen, I am hoping someone would have needed to sign for it and not to be left at the door but USPS.com does not clarify this if it's registered. Seeing as it has a status of delivered, will I have difficulty in convincing them it never reached me?
This is exactly what Grizzerr above is talking about....I sent him a package with Delivery Confirmation. I checked on my end and USPS.com said package was delivered. So, I wait and I wait for Keith to pm me or something and let me know how cool his Jersey turned out.........well he NEVER got it!! I called him rather annoyed and asked didn't you like it? He says he never got it..I say yes..you got it LAST THURSDAY!!! He checks everywhere a package could have been left to no avail. He then get his PO involved and LUCKY for me and him, they find the package.
So, Grizzerr is why my S & H has increased , because now I use SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION DELIVERY.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
I live in a small community so I may have gotten better service than would have been gotten in a larger city.

·
If only I slept...
276 Posts
HEllo,
This happened to me once. I went to the PO and they located the package in their back room on a shelf. They told me it must have been 'mistakenly' scanned as delivered. Anyway, they were pretty easy to deal with, just make sure you have all your paperwork/info.

·
Registered
220 Posts
sometimes these things just happen by accident, but in the city i used to live in, the post office was pretty crooked.

once a package sent to my house was also scanned by the post office as "delivered and signed" - actually the lazy carrier scanned it as delivered, put it back in his truck, and dropped in the main post office as "undeliverable" and wrote in big black magic marker "no such address." it took me three days of trips to the post office for them to resolve this, and for me to get my box for which i had "signed" for. The carriers and workers at this office were marking packages as signed and delivered, losing the signature sheets, thus making your claim useless and their job safe, then they'd collect the parcels and divide the goods up amongst themselves, either to sell on the street, ebay, or just to keep. One guy at his trial was nicknamed "Ipod Ivan" as he had iPods available for sale for cheap, hundreds at a time.

this didnt just happen to me- it was a constant problem in the city, even on the news sometimes. The carriers and postmaster were running a scam so the locals and buisnesses paid a "protection" fee for their packages. this was mostly for buisnesses and large homes, but also for "complainers" like myself. if you didn't pay the 1st time, you would no longer recieve ANY mail. The 2nd time they asked, your property was vandalized, or windows broken... if i knew this i wouldnt have cursed out my letter carrier after his 1st "request" of $50 a year for regular mail, $100 for 6 months of safe parcel delivery. i told him off then bought a big PO box in a neighboring town.

the postmaster and 5 carriers have since been put in jail for corruption and extortion, and the 15-year scam was only caught because a local student overheard a carrier demanding payment for his mail to continue to be delivered to a local buisness, and reported it to the FBI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts