One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DAM Kingdoms Gangster Ada
After a bit of a haitus,I'm here with another review courtest of Castle Collectibles.This time,it's a Gangster Kingdom release,Ada.

Box
The box is the same,or I assume similar, as the other releases in the line.Grey/black stylized marbleon the insu\ide,and a riveted wall on the outside.On the back of the removable front flap,there is a street scene,depicting a hotel entrance,or even a swank apartment.Under the front flap is a card,with Ada's story,and a playing card,the 6 of Spades.Also included is a comic book,which I did not open.The figure itself,is stored inside a grey foam with cutouts,for all the pieces to fit snugly into.I really like this type of box,over the plastic.

Body/sculpt
This is,if I'm not mistaken,DAM's first female release.And I am highly impressed.The body itself.is solid and has a great range of motion.The joints are also nice and firm.There are two tattoos on the upper body.One if down by the belly button.The second is on the chest,on a rubber upper section.This rubber piece is a tad bit problematic if you adjust the figure a lot.It rides up,it scrunches and makes the breast region,or neck look bad.It's best to leave this one on the shelf in one position.
The only limitation I found here,is the molded boots really don't allow for a great range of posing options.And unfortunately,there are no other feet included,in case you wanted to swap out for other boots.You do,however,get a bunch of hands,5 actually.You get 2 tattoo'd hands,2 non tatto'd hands and one bird flipper!The tattoo's are clean and crisp and full of detail that you would only see in a human sized tattoo_On 3 of the 5 hands,is also a ring.One red,one blue.2 of the hands are void of tattoo's and rings.On these,you place the "gloves".They are a tight fit though.But not so tight as they came apart.
The sculpt is one of the stylized cartoon styles that DAM has released on the entire series.This,to me is the best of them.It is a resemblance of Kiera Knightly this time.And it's great.The pain application is fantastic.The eyeliner and lipstick are reproduced nicely,as are the earrings.The only think I really don't care for is the "real" hair.I'm not to fond of figures with this.But it is done fairly well.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Clothing.
The main draw,is the coat.The caot acts as the main item covering the upper body.The coat is made of a leather type material,with felt edging along the front,and rimmed with "rabbit fur".There is a zipper that seals it up,and 8 Spades adorning each side of the ribcage.A neat aspect of the coat,is the addition of a bendable wire to pose the bottom of the coat,making it look like it's flowing in the wind,or to simulate movement.
Under the coat,is a leopard skin bra,that snaps together with velcro on the back.This is were the issue of the soft chest comes into play.Putting this on wrong,assuming you take it off,will result in the chest and neck scrunching up.
The pants are a mix of fabric,and "leather".These are also really well done.All of the pockets are mostly functional,and there are nicely molded zippers on non-functional pockets on the right upper thigh area.The main closure is velcro,also held together by a belt with a really highly detailed buckle with a Celtic design.
Rounding out the clothing is a pair of excellently detailed moulded high heeled boots.The boots are black and silver,and have detailed buckles and a skull on the shin guard.There is no flexibility in the boots at all,and as I mentioned,no extra feet.This is only going to be an issue,if you want extreme posability.

Weapons
As this is not a military release,you wouldn't expect a lot of weapons.This hasn't been the case with the Gangsters Kingdom releases.With this one you get
a Black and Gold pimped out MP7 with 2 additional magazines,total of 3.
A Bloodied Katana
A Glock G26
The MP7 is pretty darned neat.DAM did a great job with the gold accents.The main body is a gloss black,which makes the gold pop that much more.Same as the detail on the Katana.It really makes it stand out.As does the blood on the katana.In fact,it's too red against the chrome background.But the detail in the handle of the blade,is outstanding.The glock is a 2 tone,black/silver with a movable slide.
The MP7,and accompanying accessories,and the Katana,are stored in a very neat,backpack.The backpack is shaped like a coffin,and has a cool Celtic cross on it.The pack is hard plastic,and is held closed by a pair of magnets.The magnets,are a neat touch,but don't hold securely enough.Needs a bit of fine tuning there.The ZGlock,has a belt soft holster for it to go into.

Accessories.
There are only a few pieces here..A cell phone,a "Bluetooth"wristband,Sunglasses and a cross.There seems to be some detail in the Bluetooth,its just really hard to see.The cross,is more of a crucifix,but its pretty sharply detailed.There really isn't much more for me to get into here.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Final thoughts.
I've been super impressed with the 2 GK figures I've reviewed.This one is pretty darn cool.The MP7 and the coat are the standout pieces to me,although,there really isn't a bad piece in this set.I day snatch it up,before they sellout.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts