One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· 1:6 Acquisitionist
13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

Teaser pictures for now. More pictures and details/info coming soon.

--

13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice teaser, some potential for walking dead fans as well, that headsculpt reminds me of somebody :)
--

Yeah. He does look familiar. Maybe the ZERT female operator figure will resemble some country farm girl from Georgia whose father was a minister and now she's leading her own ZERT backwoods survivalist group?

13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm very optimistic for this release based on the refined gear/load out while representing ZERT from an international perspective.

JTFA coming up. Maybe JTFE(urope), JTFR(ussia), etc. in the future? We can only wait and see.

Personally speaking, I'd like to see a ZERT JTFR(ussia) offering with a mixture of Russian gear/load out and camo.

· Registered
227 Posts
Cool looking, but too close to that earlier one Deathridge? I think. Minimal protective gear, particularly around the forearm and ankle/shins and torso, also confuses me. I didn’t love the Sully figure, but from the perspective of zombie killing, his over the top loadout was a cool touch and made tactical sense. Still, a very fun figure, looks like.

· Registered
234 Posts
Cool looking, but too close to that earlier one Deathridge? I think. Minimal protective gear, particularly around the forearm and ankle/shins and torso, also confuses me. I didn't love the Sully figure, but from the perspective of zombie killing, his over the top loadout was a cool touch and made tactical sense. Still, a very fun figure, looks like.
Same - I love the ZERT series mainly because each one has something unique - SDS13 had the nuke, Sully had the coolest armour, the Sniper had some really cool gear. This one just seems to be lacking something... Quite sad though cos I have kitbashed 10 ZERT members!

· 1:6 enthusiast
2,092 Posts
I don't generally care for celebrity sculpts but this one is a cool idea. And while I'm not particularly interested in ZERT figures, I do like to check out what they have in the works in the hopes that they will do some weapons or gear that interest me. Along the lines of what DFC said, I think that the international ZERT operators should have a mix of gear that makes their region or country of origin a bit more apparent. With the mask up and the NVG's down, there's not much here to suggest nationality or region. And just using an Asian sculpt isn't really much of an indicator. Asians are part of many non-Asian nations militaries and law enforcement agencies. Something like a small shoulder or chest patch with their national flag and a more typical weapon for the region would go a long way towards that. For this figure, I think that something like a QBZ-95 or a SAR-21 would be more appropriate. Adding region specific gear and weapons would also allow for producing some items that haven't been done before.

13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't generally care for celebrity sculpts but this one is a cool idea. And while I'm not particularly interested in ZERT figures, I do like to check out what they have in the works in the hopes that they will do some weapons or gear that interest me. Along the lines of what DFC said, I think that the international ZERT operators should have a mix of gear that makes their region or country of origin a bit more apparent. With the mask up and the NVG's down, there's not much here to suggest nationality or region. And just using an Asian sculpt isn't really much of an indicator. Asians are part of many non-Asian nations militaries and law enforcement agencies. Something like a small shoulder or chest patch with their national flag and a more typical weapon for the region would go a long way towards that. For this figure, I think that something like a QBZ-95 or a SAR-21 would be more appropriate. Adding region specific gear and weapons would also allow for producing some items that haven't been done before.
--

Please convey/pass along the suggestions to Brian (Sullivan) at BOT's Facebook page and send BOT an e-mail as well.

· 1:6 enthusiast
2,092 Posts
--

Please convey/pass along the suggestions to Brian (Sullivan) at BOT's Facebook page and send BOT an e-mail as well.
I copied my comments from here to the BOT page on FB, as well as linking back to this thread. IMO, that should be enough and I don't see a need to follow up with an email. I'd be surprised if Brian isn't keeping an eye on the reactions to the teaser images on FB and elsewhere. As for my suggestions, it's unlikely that anything will be done concerning the weapons. When I posted my earlier comments, it had actually slipped my mind that these figures are done in conjunction with E&S. I could be wrong (and I hope that I am) but nothing I've seen so far leaves me to believe that E&S will produce any weapons with Asian origins. They seem to be fairly well set on western SF weapons, with a few custom/exotic PMC type weapons done for good measure. I'm not knocking them as that seems to work for them but that's just how I see it. My suggestions are actually something that could be easily done using weapons and insignia from other companies, so it's not really that big of a deal if someone wants to "internationalize" their figures.

13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.