One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 TBLeague bodies tearing.

She-Ra figure is an S23B. I posed her arm a little further back due to space constraints in the book display case, and left it for about 2 years.

And discovered tears on that shoulder.

Another one is an S24A, which I got early this year. In the process of setting up a character with the then new figure, I discovered that her right wrist joint kept detaching from its tiny steel arm socket.

A few months later on, that right elbow had a tear during a posing photo session.

Guess I can patch the hole with some silicon.

The pros and cons of seamless 1/6 bodies.....

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This evening, on further examination, I discovered that She-Ra's right elbow is also tearing, just by leaving a very subtle little bent to pose the sword arm (as seen in the 1st post). Arrrr!

I got some clear silicon sealant too apply. I hope it works!

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a TPE glue specifically for tears like this. Any of the life size doll manufacturers has it for sale. It isn't cheap though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I still haven't taken the one TBLeague body I have out of the box because of issues that started popping up with them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Another one is an S24A, which I got early this year. In the process of setting up a character with the then new figure, I discovered that her right wrist joint kept detaching from its tiny steel arm socket.
Sometimes the interchangeable hands are hard to pull out, and I have this fear that the joint will eventually break out of the steel socket. Today I decided to try very slightly filing the socket hole in one of the hands so that it won't be such a tight fit. I didn't overdo the filing. I figured if I filed too much, I could apply clear nail polish inside the hole to compensate, or maybe a tiny amount of thick grease.

VSToys seems to be manufacturing interchangeable hands in pale and suntan for 1/6 Phicen and Jiaou figurines. It appears to be a pre-order, and I'm still waiting on the seller to get stock. I hope it's not a con.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts