One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Büchsenmacher
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fellas,
here is my newest Figure...a FSSF (First Special Service Force) Member from Operation "Cottage" on the Aleution Islands.
I hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

Operation Cottage was a tactical maneuver during the Aleutian Islands campaign. In the operation, which took place on August 15, 1943, Allied military forces landed unopposed on Kiska Island, which had been occupied by Japanese forces since June, 1942. The Japanese forces, however, had secretly abandoned the island two weeks prior. The operation completed the Aleutian Islands campaign.

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Beautiful work bro :thumb :thumb Looks good all around.

The only nitpick , and I could be wrong, but I don't think they wore both insignia . IIRC, the Circular patch w/bayonet was the original worn during the Kiska ops, being replaced by the Arrowhead later.

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Awesome figure, great weathering and attention to detail, not to mention a favorite subject the FSSF.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Brave Rifles said:
The only nitpick , and I could be wrong, but I don't think they wore both insignia . IIRC, the Circular patch w/bayonet was the original worn during the Kiska ops, being replaced by the Arrowhead later.
The round patch with bowie knife was for all units of the Kiska Task Force, a.k.a. Amphibious Training Force 9(ATF 9) a.k.a. "Corlett's Long Knives" and was supposed to be worn on both shoulders, but of course many variations in wear did occur.

The red arrowhead shoulder sleeve insignia of the FSSF was designed in Sept. '42, and is still displayed today(in a modified form) by US Army Special Forces.

·
OSW Pug Warrior
5,658 Posts
Your stuff keeps getting better & better, Danny :thumb :thumb
I luvv the weathering and the 6 o"clock shadow on the fig's face. The helmet sits well over the jeepcap - did you have to remove the liner to do that or is that just a larger helmet/smaller head?

Cheers!

·
Büchsenmacher
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Fellas...first of all Thanks for all the Comments.

@Jon Math...No the pouch is no custom...I "just" found it in the spare parts box.

@Justin G...Thanks for the Infos :thumb

@Romeo..Thanks Bro....Yes I had to take out the Liner of the DID Helmet....DID M1 helmets are the Sh***!!!

@EVERYBODY else...Like I said THANKS a bunch!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts