One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
eats 1:6 for breakfast
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks bad ass! Maybe just bulk the legs up from the inside to avoid the hassle of resewing?

Already padded up the insides, but things aren't sitting right. Does anyone know a method to shape the cloth? Wetting it and glue maybe?

·
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey BT. Long time... Love the figure!
You can wet the cloth in hairspray to stiffen it. Wet again to reshape.
Sage! I was hoping you'd be lurking around.

Any difference what kind of hairpray? Whats your preferred tool for manipulating the fabric?

·
IMOK
1,031 Posts
Sage! I was hoping you'd be lurking around.

Any difference what kind of hairpray? Whats your preferred tool for manipulating the fabric?
Yup... still in love with 1/6. Now my son is into it now too. Pretty stoked to show new work.
Anyway, im glad to be here still.

Any hairspray will do. I suggest the medium hold formula. I have also used small amounts of pledge wood floor polish mixed with h2o. Either will work to great effect.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,153 Posts
Great work on this one too.

I have found just getting the clothes or pants wet helps to pose them. Pants in this scale often don't fit well, just like real clothing. But unlike real clothing, the figure stuff doesn't loosen up in the fabric as real clothing does. I haven't tried the hairspray trick yet, but I have found soaking the uniform, and then putting on the gear helps it to take some shape, and lets gravity get that saggy worn-ish look to it.

·
IMOK
1,031 Posts
Great work on this one too.

I have found just getting the clothes or pants wet helps to pose them. Pants in this scale often don't fit well, just like real clothing. But unlike real clothing, the figure stuff doesn't loosen up in the fabric as real clothing does. I haven't tried the hairspray trick yet, but I have found soaking the uniform, and then putting on the gear helps it to take some shape, and lets gravity get that saggy worn-ish look to it.
Agreed. It often is that little aspect that takes a great figure out of the realism it deserves.
Let me know how it works for you.

·
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Didnt have any hairspray so I just did water and paint. Feel like it worked out pretty well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts