One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
The "metal" area is metalic blue, the stocks and forearms are a flat blue color. Civilian target rifles are finished in a lot of colors these days. The NRA encourages the bright paint on the rifles to help take away the general public's perception that "Guns" are bad. Red White and Blue is common on American Rifles, Pink is seen on a lot of woman's stuff. Tubbs, a multi time National Champion in High Power Rifle, was shooting a green "space gun" a while ago, which gave me the idea to do the metal work in a metalic color. These are quick bashes and really don't represent real rifles. The M-16 does have generaly correct lines with the globe front sight and a micr rear, with a hand stop and adjustable stock for both drop, cant and cheek hight. The SR-25 might be a 1000 yard built up rifle for an any sight contest. Someone here, I cannot find his post, asked about target air and small bore rifles, I told him I'd post these up for him.
Thanks to Jason for posting the photos for me.
Jon

·
Slightly insane
48 Posts
I was the one that asked about target rifles (I'm a her, not a him, though :) ). Thank you for posting these! They are great! How did you do the peep sights?

As for the colors, yeah, lots of the Anshutz wooden stocks are beautifully lamintated in blues and purples and greens. My daughter's air rifle, from Anshutz, is black and has a bright red metal air tank. Her smallbore rifle is just a plain wooden stock, but I've seen lots of others that are powder coated in team colors. Plus they will get stickers at each nationally recognized competion that they put on the rifles; they serve a dual purpose: to indicate that the rifle has been checked out according to the regs, and to show that they competed in that match. Bragging rights, so to speak.

Thank you for the pics! Now I just have to learn how to build these things.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm a her, not a him, though
I'm sorry no dis-respect intended.

I built the sight from scrap plastic, I just used my own sight set as a pattern. I used to shoot a lot when I was younger but don't compete anymore. I ran a FWB Standard small bore rifle, even though ISU rules would allow me to use a Free Rifle. I did not feel that I was at a dis-advantage with a "woman's" rifle; it was an exact match to my FWB single stroke pnuematic air rifle and I could practice with that rifle in my cellar where I had to go to a range to shoot small bore. So the 1/6th sight is more like a FWB one than an Anchutz one.
Jon

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
I used to race in biathlon(x-country skiing and shooting), and that second rifle has a similar appearance to the one i used, although mine was a .22cal Anshutz. I have seen some of those colourful stocks as well.

Nice job on these.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts