One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there, I am new (just created my account about an hour ago), to try and get some advice.

I have been collecting Phicens for a little under a year now, with yesterday getting the latest TBLeague body.
I was waiting for a sculpt like this for sometime as I like the more toned, muscular female builds.

Although happy with the detail of the sculpt with it's muscle definition, and how the body doesn't seem as 'sticky' (easily gets hair, fluff, dust etc. stuck to it), as the older - earlier Seamless Body types. There is a small issue I have.

I ordered / brought the suntan - medium bust body, however the so called suntan is really pale. I normally wouldn't mind, but I find it hard to match the selection of heads I got prior for this body.

I am torn between two options.

I can give the TBLeague body to my Harley Quinn, as the paleness goes well, however the head doesn't fit as snug.

Or, preferably I would like the TBLeague body to go with the 'Hot Toys' Caucasian 'Truetype' as it is a harder looking face sculpt that suits the muscular body better than Harley Quinn does. The Hot Toys-Truetype fits the TBLeague body perfectly - no gap, but the skin tones are far apart. The head is tanned and I thought the body would be also, yet it is so damn pale.

I am very tempted, and would like to try 'tanning' the body myself, stain it with some sort of chemical, but not sure what to use? Any advice please, would be appreciated.

Here are some pics:

View attachment 377466 View attachment 377467 View attachment 377468 View attachment 377469

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Personally speaking . . .

Go with OPTION 1 and you'll need to futz with head sculpt to make it fit properly onto the PHICEN's neck post.

Good luck.

OH . . . and there is no turning back. You, your wallet, and bank account are so screwed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply :)
I am not sure how I can make the head fit more snug? I already have a body for Harley, but might replace it as the tattoos I did on it / her are all smudged and look messy now. I am curious to attempt tanning the TBLeague body with some real-fake tan stuff and see if that'll work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply lonewolfandcub, that is a nice head sculpt too.

I feel the TBLeague body is too amazonian-like for Harley, but the paleness doesn't matter as she has white facepaint on permanently anyways. I was aiming to create a female bodybuilder type of Phicen, with the hard-looking head sculpt and a bronzed muscular body, which would have worked if the body wasn't so pale.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Fabric dye. It just washes off. Somebody once posted theyd used crushed pastel, but I don't think you can get anything permanent.

Another good hs is the one TBL used in their pictures. It can easily be found on eBay.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I tried soft pastels once, and yeah, it just smudged like crazy every time you touched the body. Then it cracked after they dried/set? and the body was posed. Zebraten has somehow figured out how to do it, but his description of how was pretty vague.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the advice and information, very interesting about the fabric dye and the soft crushed pastels.

I did attempt a few random, off the top of my head ideas - that just seemed to work in making a mess!

1st I tried letting the body soak for a period of time in a sink of teabag and coffee water (odd, I know but thought I'll give it a go) as it seemed the less risky to me. Didn't do s**t.

I then tried some make-up of which I found in my fiancée's make-up cupboard:

After drying the body off, I used some Garnier Self-Tanning spray. This was just as effective as the tea/coffee water.

Dried the body again, but this time tried some 'Infallible' Foundation Cream (LOréal), which worked the best, and clung onto the body well. However, it was messy, slippery and patchy. I decided to wash this off (which was a pain do to as it sank into all the creases and... *cough* cracks.

I then thought I had experimented enough, so I went with what DeltaForceChung suggested and once cleaned the body as best as I could, put the Harley Quinn head onto it.

I think she looks pretty awesome myself...

View attachment 377472

Sorry, not sure why the photo has uploaded sideways? I took the picture portrait, oh well. Not sure if this photo does it justice as the doll looks a lot better in person, the muscle tone is great and actually isn't too much for Harley :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
just use powder for face they are available in different skintones, and you need to wet the skin to get rid of the original powder it came with to make it non sticky, and then what you get is a sticky body that is ready to stick to any powder you sprinkle on it it is better than chalk or pastel because facial powder is designed to stay on better. personally I won't change the skintone for the whole figure just on the neck, and upper chest to bridge the tone

·
Registered
225 Posts
I used Loew Cornell Simply Art chalk pastel, which is available at Joanns. I grind the desired chalk pastel color to a fine powder. Then, I apply with a make-up brush. Navetsea is correct. Before applying any chalk pastel, you have to wash the seamless body and let it air dry. This allows the body to have a sticky feel to it and absorbs the powdered chalk pastel onto the body. I used a light green on a Phicen/TBL Valkyrie body and the skin turned Hera Syndulla green. You have to keep applying the powder until you get the right tint.

You could test it on the top part of the neck first to see if the chalk is blending well before doing the entire body. If you have a extra phicen/tbl to practice on, use that one to test on to see how the different chalk pigments transfer.

However I needed the green tint body for another bash. To remove the powder chalk pastel from the body, I had to use a drop of make up removal oil. It took about 20 minutes to get the figure to look brand new. Do not use alcohol, ajax, harsh detergents, or nail polish remover as they can cause the seamless figure to look like it has patches of dry skin and cause thin layers of peeling.

You could also use a charcoal face soap, Loreal Men's Expert, to remove the chalk.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Thanks for the in depth tip, MerylAkiba. The next time I want to color a figure, I'll try that. Does it smudge at all after applying it this way? Did you apply any fixative?

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Interesting... most of the time we are worried about our Phicens getting permanently stained by something they wear, but here you are trying to stain one on purpose, and it's refusing to do that...
MerylAkiba's suggestion might be best, if complex. As for myself, I have not tried tanning a Phicen body, but I have considered painting much smaller parts of the surface (e.g., for tattoos). So far, I've only painted the nipples on the male bodies -- see for example the Theseus and Peirithoos thread.
Originally I mixed acrylic with clear silicone glue (e.g., GE's Silicone II Clear Premium Silicone Glue); then I started using Smooth-On's Silc Pig paints with the same silicone glue (a tiny drop of paint colors a ton of silicone glue and mixes with it more fully and smoothly than the acrylic ever did).
The result is semi-permanent -- I say semi, because a small concentrated area of overlaid silicon glue like this (for the nipples) could still be pried off from the figure's original surface if you really try to do that (perhaps I hadn't removed enough of the surface powder). But, anyway, if your silicone material (in my case the glue) is thin enough (and there are apparently thinners for this very purpose, but I have never used them), and if you dye this with the desired color produced by mixing the Silc Pig pigments, you should theoretically be able to paint your Phicen. How consistent, even, and smooth the result would be, I simply don't know, as I have not attempted that yet.
Note: unless mixed with silicone material before application, the Silc Pig paint will simply not dry atop the Phicen's surface.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks for the in depth tip, MerylAkiba. The next time I want to color a figure, I'll try that. Does it smudge at all after applying it this way? Did you apply any fixative?
Stryker2011, It won't smudge and you don't have to add a sealer like dullcoat. Just keep applying the crushed powder chalk on the sticky area of the phicen to absorb the powder. I Forgot to also add, I use my thumb to press, or mat down the powder onto the area.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Herculiz, Out of curiosity, do you have a Red Sonja or any of the Phicen Zenescope figures? If so, can you please do a comparison of those head versions with the new suntan body that you have?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Thank you all for your responses and amazing tips MerylAkiba and navetsea about what to use.

Indeed GubernatorFan, I take a few risks with these Phicens considering their cost, and future price value(s). My mate who collects figures (but not Phicens), questions why I do this to these models. I did unfortunately ruin the first body I used for the Harley Quinn head, as I added the tattoos she has in the Suicide Squad movie. These then smudged and faded, leaving stained areas - also so did the dark navy part of the hot pants the head came with - so avoid putting those on if you ever get the Harley Quinn head set.
I am not going to add tattoos on again, unless there is a far better way than using a fine point permanent marker pen.

MerylAkiba, I shall try and upload some comparisons of this TBLeague (suntan - medium bust) body. However, there is a another Seamless Body Red Sonja that is now released. Check out 'Red Sonja: Scars of the She-Devil' Phicen, as it not only has the new TBLeague body, but a new face sculpt and hair colour / style.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts