One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi To All! :hyper
Although I've been an OSW member for quite some time now, this is my first time to post my kitbash and hope you guys would enjoy viewing it. I finally got bored of my HT CVC figure yesterday and decided to give him a make-over. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet bash is that based on the HT tank commander?
Yep, it's the HT CVC Tank Commander figure. He's actually wearing the OD coverall inside the woodland camo. As for the "grease" gun, I absolutely have no idea if it's issued as a firearm to tank crews, it just looks cool on him :) To be honest, I haven't seen any photo of a tanker with sub-machine gun.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I've always liked that figure, your upgrades make it just that much better. Several of those pics look 1/1.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hiya, MisterMoose!

Great looking figure! Looks ready to climb into his Abrams and take the fight to the badguys. M3 Greasegun was issued up thru Ops Desert Storm, if I'm recalling correctly.M9 handgun gun would place him there or later.

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

·
Devils and Dust
2,040 Posts
Nice!! I love the HT CVC bits n pieces. I have quite a bit of the CVC stuff loose. One fig bashed, and another that was a WIP , with the CVC coverall's repaiinted to the tan version. That one has been put on hold for a bit.

As far as the Grease gun, like Russ mentioned, they were still being issued up to the Desert Storm timeframe, and a handful of years after. Usually 1-2 per crew, along with a pistol per crewman. Nowadays, the M4 is used in lieu of the greasegun, and pistols are generally still part of the crews issue too..

The more current CVC helmet is a bit different, in regards to the earphones and boom mic as well, as opposed to the older version with the excellent HT's release.

Excellent figure, and glad to see another 'basher come out of lurking with a fig :thumb

1 - 15 of 15 Posts