One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
neurotic neurone
16,026 Posts
HOLY COW Roy!!! That sir is just freakin' beautiful. Now I'm gonna hide mine. My only grip with the set is wishing the arm gauntlets are made of diecast or some more sturdy material. The injection plastic, particularly the mounting posts seems a tad, well less stable when mounting those metal blades. But again, that's just me.

Did ya do a reroot or simply the lighting is playing trick with my eyes cos' I recalled her hair was more reddish?? Either way love the repaint & nice touch on that little hair decor. :thumb :thumb

Oh and Happy New Year bro. Steer clear from troubles ya hear me? :p

·
1:6 Casuality
1,122 Posts
wow! Looks great and love the repaint on the head. Did you replace the heels with a spike? Cool :)

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Damn Roy, she looks great! Beautiful work on the face up.

·
My friends call me Ray
7,840 Posts
Roy, you gave all of us a nice way to start 2008. Fantastic repaint of cutie honey head! You added shades to the body. Did you use airbrush? The effect is very nice. Could you share the tricks behind?

·
Plastic Alchemist
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, guys!
Leo!! Dude, like I said, it was seeing the kick-a$$ job you did on your figure that got me off my lazy butt to finish one myself. I thought yours was awesome! And I agree with you on the idea of making the arm gauntlets out of metal; I had a nerve wracking moment when I accidentally pried the gauntlet away from the mounting socket of the blade, and thought I might have broken the plastic part. Fortunately not, but man, I had a sinking feeling for a few moments. As for the color, I'm afraid my camera added a bit more orange to all the red tones in the pics; I didn't notice it 'til you mentioned it, but yeah, all the reds should be more red, and lemme tell ya, that hair decor was a frikkin' nightmare to do...

And Happy New Year to you, too, bro! Trouble? Me? Heh, I oughta be saying the same to you! :D

Fab5Freddy: Thanks, man! For the heels, I switched out the soles that were attached to the all black bootsleeves, and just painted the heel a bright silver; if I were really obsessive, I could've added the very small spikes she's got on her boots in the game, but I thought this looked good enough.

uramegak, Aki i tschi, Hardcase, Mlatch, romedome: thanks much for the good words, guys! Glad you like what I did with her!

Ray: Ah, you're too kind, man! Really glad you liked the body work; I used pastel chalks to add the shading, after having sanded the body lightly to remove the plastic sheen and undercutting the breasts to give them a more realistic sense of weight. One of the times where something turned out exactly like I hoped it would!

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Very cool. Too bad it was such a poor movie. But your figure rocks!

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Phantom.....Phantomeister....the Phan-man.....Phanaronee....Phan-frigin-tastic-orama...
It's the way you make the skin look so bloody real that scares me. So deadly.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts