One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to post them in the other picture thread I posted but I didn't think I'd take so many pictures. So I figure this deserves it's own thread.

So here's the Takara Male body... as nude as I dared make him. I recently had some issues with some CG 1.0 bodies having the ankle joint crack on me so I had no interest in taking off his boot-feet in order to get his pants off.

You can see his elbows have excelent movement. I especially like the elbow which gives you a vary natural elbow point when the arm is full bent, something most 1/6 figures do not do.

Now I have one fairly sizable issue with this very expensve issue. Maybe I just got a skrewed up one or something since I've never had this issue with any Takara stuff before. The fit on his jacket is really, really bad. It's far too tight. It's pretty bad in the body, all stretched out weirdly, even inhibits movement some.

Now that's nothing compared to how badly it screws up the arm and shoulder movement. This photo depicts as high as his arm can raise and as tights as his arm can bend. Compare that to the nude arm and the arm in a black long sleeve shirt I had laying around. Both nude and in the shirt his shoulder maintains full movement.

So I decided to swap his leather jacket for the black shirt... which will be almost entirely covered by his gear so who cares what it looks like?

Here he is with all his non-armor pieces on... sans jacket.

His vest on...

Most of his hard armor on, only missing his helmet.

The detail work on the mask is very nice, better than the chick's if you ask me. There's a lot more stuff going on and I love the furrowed brow.

Again, more great detail... in an area you'll never really see There's this cool connector ring on his back armor that matches up with his back pack.

Also the ammo drum is removeable from the backpack, has two places to store spare barrels for his machine gun, and a handle to carry it by.

This pose with the arms so close to the body would be impossible if he was still wearing that stupid jacket.

Same goes for this pose with his arms raised high and his right arm very tightly bent to his body.

I don't get the jacket issue. Midori's jacket fits great.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Very nice photo review, thanks.
What is the alternative mask he's wearing in the subliminal Gif image?

James

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hah, my name is James as well. It's a Joe ski-mask a friend of mine sent me with a bunch of stuff. One of these days I'm going to repaint it and use it for something.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
That is an awesome looking figure!!!

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used a In the Past Toys black long sleeve t-shirt. One of these days I want to replace both the chick and the guy's blak uniform with an olive drab uniform to better match the film.

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
Nice review. i am so glad i preordered this guy last year.

that Takara GEN-X Core body has got to be one of the best 1:6 male bodies ever made.

my major complaints with this figure set would have to be:

the head is like 1:8 scale! way too small to ever be used outside of the helmet. but i can understand why they chose to do this. so that the head would fit inside the helmet and not end up looking like the inflated melon on the HT SDU Tactical guy with his helmet on (no joke you can almost fit 2 heads inside that PASGT helmet).

Takara still insists on using those dumb elastic straps on EVERYTHING. they just look way too cheap for such a high end figure. its really a pain swapping all those out for quality webbing or leather.

otherwise everything else on the figure is TOP NOTCH

·
Registered
81 Posts
Anti-Personnel said:
my major complaints with this figure set would have to be:

the head is like 1:8 scale! way too small to ever be used outside of the helmet. but i can understand why they chose to do this. so that the head would fit inside the helmet and not end up looking like the inflated melon on the HT SDU Tactical guy with his helmet on (no joke you can almost fit 2 heads inside that PASGT helmet).
I dont know if you have or have seen this figure in person. But Its proportioned pretty well. I think the issue of the head being too small arises when he has the full body gear on including the chest plate, but thats pretty much understandable since even in the movie itself, Jin Roh's head is a little bit unproportioned.

The fact that he has a baggy leather pants doesnt help either. It really does make his upper body look small. But I can live with tha because it helps the figure take advantage of its Gen X core.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Anti-Personnel said:
Takara still insists on using those dumb elastic straps on EVERYTHING. they just look way too cheap for such a high end figure. its really a pain swapping all those out for quality webbing or leather.

otherwise everything else on the figure is TOP NOTCH
I've contemplated swapping on the straps on mine for leather straps but geez pricing equipment straps for loose parts dealers it would cost me nearly the price of a whole new figure to replace them all. Have you found any better solutions? I know I could buy leather myself... but the buckles are a problem.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Nice review, if I could afford it.. Ok if I give into the temptation, I'd like to snap this figure up. Looks well worth it for the fun and cool factors. Too bad about the tight jacket, your substitute looks great though. I like the jacket's fit. Could probably rig up some sort of assassin or anime-styled figure off of it. Alas, my Midori is still trapped in her shipping box! :p

Duno what you could use for the buckles, but you could probably buy leather remnants for pretty cheap prices at Hobby Lobby. They might have something buckle-ish and in scale too.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Thanks for the detailed pix, dedguy. This is one fig I've been eyeing from time to time, but never could commit to it. :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.