One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Strike 333
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tryed to make the T-Virus thing?? This is an idea I've been kicking around. So I threw one together, it came out ok for only taking 5mins. (I think its a little too big) but I hope the next one will look better and be the right size. So has anyone else tryed to make one?

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I haven't tried to make one yet, but it's a kewl idea. I'm guessing you used coated wire for this one? I would suggest getting some of that Jelly tube the kids use to make bracelets out of. That comes in a Neon blue and I'm pretty sure places like Micheals carries it in little rolls and in Kids jewelry kits.
Great work, congrads,

Paul

·
Bash in my sleep.
3,023 Posts
I haven't tried to make one yet, but it's a kewl idea. I'm guessing you used coated wire for this one? I would suggest getting some of that Jelly tube the kids use to make bracelets out of. That comes in a Neon blue and I'm pretty sure places like Micheals carries it in little rolls and in Kids jewelry kits.
Great work, congrads,

Paul
thats a great idea paul..I think it looks sweet..I have always liked those kind of things.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Nice, awesome :thumb..

Better keep that thing safe else all your figures may turn into the animated dead and its not nice

·
Strike 333
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great work, congrads,

Paul
THAT IS A GREAT IDEA!!!! I've also been trying to think up something to make the glass part out of. But nothing yet!! Yeah, I did use coated wire! (I was going to paint it to make it look more T-Virusy but didn't have time.) But I will look for this Jelly tube stuff. I hope to get some green too for the Anti-virus!:)

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
what ever you do....

DON`T DROP IT !!!!
Rofl. Made me choke on my drink.

Looks really good, what did you use for the tube? Would one of those fuse canisters [they used to have them in older cars] work? It looks like your tube but slimmer. They come in lots of sizes and I used to play with one as a 'mutagen'? cannister for Ninja Turtles :p

Great job though, and your little war room looks cool!

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Would one of those fuse canisters [they used to have them in older cars] work? It looks like your tube but slimmer. They come in lots of sizes and I used to play with one as a 'mutagen'? cannister for Ninja Turtles :p
That's what I thought it was. An old car fuse. Only other thing I can think of for the canister would be fish tank air line with sytrene tube caps. Plastruct does make a clear acrylic tube in many different sizes starting at 1/4" O.D. diameter. I'm not sure if that would'nt be to thick though. Also I think that Jelly tube comes in Neon green.
Btw your figure and the war room are kewl too. I love the coffee cup full of rounds.

Again great work on a sweet piece of dio gear.

Paul

·
Strike 333
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's what I thought it was. An old car fuse. Only other thing I can think of for the canister would be fish tank air line with sytrene tube caps. Plastruct does make a clear acrylic tube in many different sizes starting at 1/4" O.D. diameter. I'm not sure if that would'nt be to thick though. Also I think that Jelly tube comes in Neon green.
Btw your figure and the war room are kewl too. I love the coffee cup full of rounds.

Again great work on a sweet piece of dio gear.

Paul
I don't think the virus got out, I think its safe now.....

A fuse would be perfect!!!! let me see if I can find one..........
Heres one from X-mas lights, it look like its the right size but a little too long. next I need to find a way to open it. Heres a pic (oh and BTW I used the end of a pin to make the glass and the end capes are made from aluminum tape.

Here's what the "real" ones look like.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
You can unscrew those glass fuses, just hold onto one of the caps and turn, usually it gets loose and you can pull one of the caps off. We got those at work, maybe i can see which size fits best tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.