One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I decided to try kitbashing, I never remove any part of a figure before so I don't know the best way to do that, I'm going to buy cmtoys rubber body, but has some questions:
1. Does the rubber body smell bad?
2. When removing/putting head/hand/feet, do I just pull/push or twist?
3. Before putting on a head, do I blow the neck hole of the head, or the neck of the body with hair dryer?
4. Is there any other way of heating a figure? I only know of hair dryer and hot water.
5. How do I paint nipples on the body? Any tips for taking care of a rubber body?
6. Might as well put this here, I just bought an azone pureneemo doll, anyone has a translation for the doll maintenance booklet? Or any tips really.
Sorry for asking too much.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
For removing I'll sometimes give it a bit of the hair dryer depending on how stiff the head feels. Usually though you just need a pull and it should pop off.

Hands and feet will usually pop on/off. You'll want to be careful with the hand pegs and I suggest use the blow dryer on the hands and making sure when you are pulling to grasp a bit of the peg connector and not just pull from the hand. Sometimes the hands will pop up the hand connector if you don't. Putting them back in is usually easier, although some bodies are a bit tricky with the feet and need a bit more force.

Putting on a head doesn't require as much force and usually you don't need to soften it up. Just make sure the head has enough clearance around the neck as some of the head's openings are on the small side and may have trouble clearing the neck of some brands of muscle bodies.

Hair dryer works ok and won't cause issues so long as you don't do it for an extended period of time or get too close to the body. Water is the only other way I'd recommend, although it is more useful for specific things like softening a head to remove a neck peg.

For maintenance just keep it out of direct sunlight and avoid humidity as much as you can. I see alot of people putting various oils and other substances on rubber bodies and I wouldn't recommend that as a normal thing, most bodies will keep ok if not exposed to UV and kept in an area that isn't humid.

So I decided to try kitbashing, I never remove any part of a figure before so I don't know the best way to do that, I'm going to buy cmtoys rubber body, but has some questions:
1. Does the rubber body smell bad?
2. When removing/putting head/hand/feet, do I just pull/push or twist?
3. Before putting on a head, do I blow the neck hole of the head, or the neck of the body with hair dryer?
4. Is there any other way of heating a figure? I only know of hair dryer and hot water.
5. How do I paint nipples on the body? Any tips for taking care of a rubber body?
6. Might as well put this here, I just bought an azone pureneemo doll, anyone has a translation for the doll maintenance booklet? Or any tips really.
Sorry for asking too much.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I would highly recommend checking out forums for Obitus and Pure Neemo bodies for specific information.

Forums:
Pure Neemo Flickr Forum
Dollie Dreams Azone Discussion
Junky Spot Forum This is a forum for Obitsu, but the information regarding the soft bust bodies would still apply.

Painting any part of a rubber or hard plastic body is best done through chalk pastels and is referred to as "body blushing". To seal the pastel and prevent staining from fabrics the body will need to be sealed.

Blushing Tutorial

Blushing Tutorial II

Blushed Rubber Torso (Obitsu)

The Junky Spot forum also has a bunch of blushing help as well.

:goodluck

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much! XD

It's weird how bishoujo dolls are so expensive, probably because the manufacturer forced them to be rare, they only have real-like hair but painted flat-ish face after all(but sweet dream chiika is just to adorable to resist).

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
If the head and peg are already separated from the body, you can submerge the head in boiling water for a a few minutes, this helps loosen the silicone receiver for the peg in the head. Ultimately some of the heads like hot toys might require you to use something with a bit of gripping power. If its still on the body I try a bit of hair dyer which often results in the head coming off leaving the neck peg on the body where its relatively easy to separate.

If its a BBI style female head, using the hair dryer to soften the head makes it much easier.

Thanks for your answers, I had removed a neck peg from a head once, and it's really hard, so I just assumed putting a head on a peg is equally hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.