One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to show off two blades I got made for me, in trade, from Warrior 1st. Bn. - Brother's got skills. The blades are made from aluminum the handles are beads and jewelry findings.:devilhnd

He made the blade's lengths to my request. Here are pictures of the blades in the hands of a 1:6 fem fig. http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/BlakJak13/blades/

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Man how ya do dat dare... LOL,LOL... These are awesome man. I'm going to assume this gentleman is a member of the community...? does he accept commission work? These are beautiful man...... This just speeks to the fact that anything you need or need done can be found on OSW. These look supa cool all by themselves man. Put them in one of those long velvety watch boxes and put them on display...

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Strike 333
812 Posts
His bead style reminds me a lot of Intents2002's work....

i've experimented with aluminum blades... but found it more frustrating than steel...

it tends to goop up my tools too...

how did he accomplish the thin aluminum tang without having a really brittle weak spot where the blade meets the hilt?
The aluminum I used was not soft aluminum, it's aircraft grade 6061 -T6, which is very strong, but not as heavy as steel. And will not rust like steel either.:thumb

The tang IS thin, I don't know how strong it is but it's not like your going to be in a real sword fight, will you??:ninja Glad you guys like them!

·
Runs with Scissors
4,605 Posts
The aluminum I used was not soft aluminum, it's aircraft grade 6061 -T6, which is very strong, but not as heavy as steel. And will not rust like steel either.:thumb

The tang IS thin, I don't know how strong it is but it's not like your going to be in a real sword fight, will you??:ninja Glad you guys like them!
cool , where do you get your aluminum stock?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.