One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished my Sweeney Todd custom figure (well atleast 95% done) that Ive been trying to get done for some time. Would of had it done sooner, but customs holding certain parts, and it taking awhile for me to learn to sew better (white shirt and extra parts).

Was kind of a pain to finally get a decent looking skin tone for him, although in the pics it looks a tad on the pinkish side, it is a pretty good flesh color in person. I eventually wanna get better at painting so that I can go over it again to make it look better. Hair was alright to put on but the parts that stick out are pretty frail, and I ended up breaking one or two during the process. Sad thing is, the head that I bought wasnt able to fit onto a sideshow body, so I had to super glue some left over neck plastic from another head, and then glue the depp head atop of that.

Alright here's the pics.

De-saturated this pic to try and make it more movie color.

Its pretty much done, just need to put a dab of paint here and there to cover some exposed spots, and I wanna eventually make the color around his eyes darker.

Parts for the figure:
Head: came from a seller on ebay selling a Depp head (seller has their own thread here).
Body: Sideshow Abraham Lincoln

White Shirt: Made
Vest: ebay japan
Gloves: Had them left over from old 21st Century figure.
Pants: ebay Canada
Towel: Made
Blade: Made using giftcard and clay
Shoes/Socks: Abe again
Apron: Made cheap looking but good enough for now.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Great Demon Barber custom, he looks great! HA I can double post if I like. Or can I...?

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
A subtle shading of grey and a mixture of sienna with the paint you used for his face about his face and around his eyes would help consolidate his skin better and give him that sickly zombie look he has in the movie. But still, he's quickly recognizable. Good job though.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like I said before theres still some minor fixes here and there, and I Still need to add the razor pouch to the left leg. But its nice to know that people like it. Cant really tell in the pictures, but the sideburns have detail to them. And when finished with a quick paint job, most of the cuts on them dont get paint in them. Wanted them to still have flesh under them so they didn't appear completly full.....if ya'll get what Im trying to say :confused:

A subtle shading of grey and a mixture of sienna with the paint you used for his face about his face and around his eyes would help consolidate his skin better and give him that sickly zombie look he has in the movie. But still, he's quickly recognizable. Good job though.
Thanks for the info, Ill have to see if the flesh pain I have is still good (hasn't been washed yet), so I can try that out.

Nice work. I guess I'm lazy, I would have used mohair instead of trying to sculpt that wild hair cut.
That's what I was thinking about doing before, but then figured that it would end up looking horrid if done wrong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
dude that is so awesome the hair is wicked, i was just looking at the medicom Sweeney and was saying that i was still deciding whether to get one or not. that last 2 shots are great, reminds of the scene where he says 'at last my arm is complete!'

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.