One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A big thanks to OSW member Shatner's Toupee for bringing this project to the OSW. I would never have known about these head sculpts without him.

Supernatural has been one of my favorite shows for a while now, but I knew we'd never see figures of the demon-ass-kickin' Winchester brothers: Sam and Dean. But, thanks to some commissioned head sculpts (which I painted up the DAY they arrived!:hyper) and hunting down all the right clothing-- I finally have me some sweet 1:6 Sam and Dean figures!

Hope you guys dig them. And by the way, if you haven't seen the show-- watch it. They're re-running the 3rd season right now of the CW.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Supernatural does rock hard.

I just finished putting Dean together, but I stupidly didn't get Sam's head at the same time I ordered Dean's so now I have to wait to finish the set. It should be on the way right now in its little velvet bag.

Your painting and everything is totally awesome, but shouldn't Sam be taller than Dean? I'm thinking about getting another Dragon Football body to emphasis the extra height and brawn of little Sammy.

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Many, many thanks for the comments! I can't tell you how giddy I am to finally have these guys completed. I was a bit worred that Ada didn't do that great of a job sculpting Dean, but once I got him in-hand, I was able to see Jensen Ackles clear as day! And, once I got him painted up, he really came to life.

Did you do the paint ops?

I ordered the pre painted versions and Sam looks decent but Dean doesn't look anything like Dean. Just wondering if I got "lucky".
Yeah, I always prefer to paint-- or repaint-- my own sculpts. And, once I saw Ada's painted version of the sculpts, I really didn't like them at all. They look kind of Barbie-ish and her paint job actually makes her own sculpts look LESS like the actors.

Your painting and everything is totally awesome, but shouldn't Sam be taller than Dean? I'm thinking about getting another Dragon Football body to emphasis the extra height and brawn of little Sammy.
You are right, sir. Sam does need to be a bit taller. I only had DML Neo3's at the time of putting them together, but I'll eventually find him a taller body. If I can find one of those DML football players, that would be a great idea!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.