One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Sir Lurksalot
668 Posts
SWEET! I can't wait. I already have their bodies and accessories waiting to go.

Yeah, Sam looks dead on but Dean does not look right at all. Looks kinda like one of the GI Joe sculpts to me.

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
I don't know. I think it looks like Dean to me!

The only difference I can see if that Jensen Ackles' eyes are bigger than the sculpt's. If I were to make one change, it would be to sculpt the LOWER lid a little lower to match Ackle's a little more closely.

And I always thought that head actually looked like a GI Joe headsculpt! (I know the exact one you mean, Talon.)

Concidering I thought I'd never see these guys-- and that MAYBE only Hot Toys could do a sculpt this close to the actors-- I'm pretty happy with both the likenesses!

One question though for you Rick: How come the pupils are molded into the sculpt? There's no way to paint them other than looking straight ahead that way...

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One question though for you Rick: How come the pupils are molded into the sculpt? There's no way to paint them other than looking straight ahead that way...
That seems to just be the way she does them, but thats what the approval process is for. If enough of you want them gone, (and I agree it's odd, BTW) I can always ask her to remove them. What say we all?

Thanks for the critiques/comments too!

·
Registered
356 Posts

The only difference I can see if that Jensen Ackles' eyes are bigger than the sculpt's. If I were to make one change, it would be to sculpt the LOWER lid a little lower to match Ackle's a little more closely.

And I always thought that head actually looked like a GI Joe headsculpt! (I know the exact one you mean, Talon.)

Concidering I thought I'd never see these guys-- and that MAYBE only Hot Toys could do a sculpt this close to the actors-- I'm pretty happy with both the likenesses!

The eyes have to be bigger. That would help. Still it's about 80% there unlike Sam who is 95% there.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very nice, I just seen these listed on Ebay also.
Yeah, someone just PM'd me of that and that kinda sucks.
I just got the pics from her today and they were for my "approval".
And I was supposed to get an approval stage. The way another forum member explained it to me maybe I still will, because she won't actually cast till she's doing all of them, which may be a ways off.

But the whole point of trying to gather a group commission on a forum was for everyone to divide the costs of commissioning her to get them made, so though me it's five bucks more, but that's the divided cost. Not even a third of the people who expressed interest have paid yet. Now maybe they wont.
C'est la vie

·
King Geek and OSW Admin
9,329 Posts
That seems to just be the way she does them, but thats what the approval process is for. If enough of you want them gone, (and I agree it's odd, BTW) I can always ask her to remove them. What say we all?

Thanks for the critiques/comments too!
Well, I give my official vote for to have them removed. But, either way, they still great!

·
Sir Lurksalot
668 Posts

Looking at your side by side picks, I can see what you mean about the eyes. I also don't thing the jaw line, chin or mouth are quite right either.

The Dean sculpt reminds me of some of the Hot Toys Aliens sculpts. If I saw the head by itsself I wouldn't recognize it as Dean's but if you told me it was Dean, I could see the resemblance.

And I would second the smooth or non sculpted eyeballs. Even though I ordered the pre painted sculpt I think it would look wierd that way. The eyeballs should be smooth.

·
Sir Lurksalot
668 Posts
Yeah, someone just PM'd me of that and that kinda sucks.
I just got the pics from her today and they were for my "approval".
And I was supposed to get an approval stage. The way another forum member explained it to me maybe I still will, because she won't actually cast till she's doing all of them, which may be a ways off.

But the whole point of trying to gather a group commission on a forum was for everyone to divide the costs of commissioning her to get them made, so though me it's five bucks more, but that's the divided cost. Not even a third of the people who expressed interest have paid yet. Now maybe they wont.
C'est la vie
Oh come on guys. Shat goes out on a limb on your behalf. Pay up people!

And that sucks about e-Bay. I would certainly express my displeasure (in a professional manner) to her about that. I know she keeps the rights to recast the sculpt but putting it on eBay cheaper than your paying before you even get approval or any you commissioned is just not right. It's unprofessional. It would certainly make me think twice, no a third or fourth time about dealing with her again. And if she gives you any grief about changes to the Dean sculpt after the e-Bay thing? I would be all over every message board I could find warning people from doing business with her.

I wanted to be and was schooled as an "illustrator" and while there are always exceptions, the opinion I've developed about artists is that the more talented they are, the more difficult/underhanded they tend to be. YMMV

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I talked with her and she is removing the iris' on both of the brothers, and I sent her a list of changes for Dean which I haven't heard back from her yet on, (probably poking pins in voodoo dolls of me). :)

She's looking to cast pretty quick it seems, so I think she's actually working on them. I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Banned
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You know, Sam is dead-on, but now that you mention it, he DOES kinda look like ANH Luke! (laugh!). I don't think I ever would have noticed that!

Ada really wants to plow into casting (assumedly once the changes are done since I haven't heard from her since mentioning the Dean changes) so please try to have any remaining orders by thurs/fri. :)
Thank you!
-Rick

1 - 20 of 42 Posts