One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Need some advice. I have a Super Duck SUD-SDH005A HS. Currently it's on a re-powdered Phicen body and matches well. But, I want to wash and use the body for another head that definitely matches and put the Super Duck head on a totally new body.

Can anyone recommend a body colour that will match this Super Duck head? Kimi, Obitsu, Jiaou, whatever. I'll buy the body to match.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
840 Posts
I think we have discussed about it in a post earlier this year, or was it late last year. Currently, I don't think there is a match. TBL is out. Jiaou Doll KT is closer, but the head is too pink. Can forget about Wheat.

But if anyone has a Jiaou Doll Natural colour body who can test match it with this head, or any recent Super Duck set015 head, like the Neir Automata 2B, that would be a good indicator. The 2B doesn't look like an exact match to the TBL Pale body either in their ad photos.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,923 Posts
There are a number of "other" 1:6 discussion groups (online and in social media) that specializes predominantly on 1:6 female figures and female head sculpts, etc. along with expertise on head sculpt and body match discussions and questions.

Can I recommend any?

No.

Every group have its own atmosphere and cliques.

I'm sure some members here will offer recommendations to you publicly or privately.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I just remembered I had a useless Kumik jointed body that didn't match any head tone I had before. So I dug it up and tested it with my Super Duck Power Girl head (same sculpt as the SDH005) and WALLA!

We have an exact match!!!

So if you are still searching for a seamless body option, than I suppose the search continues.

·
12,923 Posts
Exact match, but not an ideal body.

Of course, whatever works for you and you're satisfied with it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Yes, the Kumik body is very poorly designed by todays standards, and the feet pops out too easily, specifically bad for boots, if you are one of those who like to redress and refashion your figure.

So, can anyone advise if there is a match with the Jiaou Doll Brown, Natural or Pink bodies? (Because the others are certainly out.)

·
12,923 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys and sorry for the late reply.

The natural Jiaou looks pretty good, better than any other seamless option anyway. I'll have to give that a go.

I really don't get what super duck were thinking. Their heads don't seem to match anything else fully. It's like they just made heads without regard for bodies at all.

·
12,923 Posts
I really don't get what super duck were thinking. Their heads don't seem to match anything else fully. It's like they just made heads without regard for bodies at all.
--

What's your point?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
--

What's your point?
Purely that you would think Super Duck would want to tailor their HS to the plethora of available bodies out there, especially seeing as Super Duck don't really bother with body manufacture themselves. It's in their interest really to provide heads that match other providers bodies. People are more likely to buy a head that matches than a head that doesn't and more likely to return to a company that sells reliable skin colours.

It just confuses me, for example, that they make clothes to fit Phicen bodies, tailored to fit even in some cases. Yet the heads don't really match Phicen bodies. It's an odd logic.

It's their business at the end of the day and they can run it however they like. They have some lovely head sculpts, but I for one won't be buying any more from them, as I'm not all that keen on repainting and buying heaps of bodies to find a match. It's a shame though.

·
Banned
253 Posts
Kaaaahhhwaaaahhhk…!

:think

I have said this before now, and will say it again (and again, and again, as necessary):

Dear Phicen / TBL,

Please seize opportunity and fill this dreadful gap by producing your own line of high-quality, individually-packaged head sculpts, to perfectly complement your exquisite figures...

I guarantee you they shall be as hotcakes!

Claim your victory!

Multiply your fortunes!

Make it so, Number One! Make it so!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kaaaahhhwaaaahhhk…!

:think

I have said this before now, and will say it again (and again, and again, as necessary):

Dear Phicen / TBL,

Please seize opportunity and fill this dreadful gap by producing your own line of high-quality, individually-packaged head sculpts, to perfectly complement your exquisite figures...

I guarantee you they shall be as hotcakes!

Claim your victory!

Multiply your fortunes!

Make it so, Number One! Make it so!
Amen brother. I'm SOOOOO tired of buying to match and ultimately having to sell-on, or repaint. Make heads...good heads TBLeague, and we shall buy them!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts