One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys!

I know it's been a while I posted up something.

1st I'm still around, still alive. Still building poopage into something decent.

A lot you guys know this figure here.

The uniform is simple plan. No life at all. Pockets on the shoulder and the pants.

I know! I know! A lot of you guys are going to say.

"Why didn't you just buy a Black Uniform and be done with it."

1: I like challenges.
2: I though to myself of. "Why the hell not!"

So far, here it is.

Still a work in progress. The Flash from the camera doesn't really serve it justice. Look good face to face.

trying to do a 5-11 looking style pocket. Again, the pants are still a WIP. Alot of Clean up and such. *yes, all hand sewn.... >3> so... One day a sewing machine and non pricked fingertips.. >_<*

Added some slant pockets to give it the Tru Spec look to the uniform.

The head...

*sighs* I repainted it to give it more life... Looks more like poopage to me. May redo the eyes and add a little more color to the lips. More Skin blotches.

Anyways. I like to hear some input on this. It's still a WIP.

The pants need rear pockets, Belt loops, Bottom Reinforcement and a couple of other things to give it a more... Sci Fi tactical look.

I don't know if I am going to use the Defender 2 Looking Body armor that came with this figure. I'm really trying to go for that.... Sci Fi Night Sniper look for this build so....

Wait an see what I find.

Thanks for looking and I hope to see some Input.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Super System Special Forces Figure SWAT Rebuild. WIP!!!

I forgot to mention the Glock 17.

The Glock 17 comes with this figure is a VHT Copy that is simply soild and Blocky as all get go.

A little bit of Filing and sanding.

Then off too the paint.

So far, this is how it turned out.

A little Groove work in the back of the grip.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts

You're updates look great. It's really cool (but kinda crazy too! ;)) that you rework this stuff to make it look better. I have this figure and the ACU one and IMO they're a great deal for what they cost. I only plan to use the vests and bodies and a few other bits of gear and I'll probably make some improvements to the parts I plan to use but there's no way I'll go to the extremes that you have. Still I'll bookmark this post along with the other ones you've made concerning these figures for future reference.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Hey Scimitar? Did yours come with the tactical Oakley boots too?

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts

I like it so far. Keep it coming.

·
2,052 Posts

Hey Scimitar? Did yours come with the tactical Oakley boots too?
The boots from both of my figures are identical. They are black but other than the color they are the same as the desert painted ones you posted pictures of in your previous thread on these figures. I don't know enough about Oakley boots to say yes or no so that's my answer :). To me they don't look very good though. They look fine from the side but when viewed from the front they look too wide. They kinda give a figure the "clown shoes" look to me.

·
neurotic neurone
16,026 Posts

Off to a great start, Uswin. Love this kind of rework project.

Aside from the list, you can also detail up the glock with lens and wiring on the tac light module and lanyard attachment. Pure cosmetic, but add more depth to the piece.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

The boots from both of my figures are identical. They are black but other than the color they are the same as the desert painted ones you posted pictures of in your previous thread on these figures. I don't know enough about Oakley boots to say yes or no so that's my answer :). To me they don't look very good though. They look fine from the side but when viewed from the front they look too wide. They kinda give a figure the "clown shoes" look to me.
Ahh... I got mine last month as a Christmas Present for me. :D

The one I order from eBay from this seller here..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12-1-6-Remo...l-Toy-Military-Army-Combat-Suit-/151174548661

Salefeel.

The boots the Figure came with surprising was these..

The Boots where originally Black.. Painted them and they went to another figure. :D

But those are the boots that came with mine. No Balaclava though. :(

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Off to a great start, Uswin. Love this kind of rework project.

Aside from the list, you can also detail up the glock with lens and wiring on the tac light module and lanyard attachment. Pure cosmetic, but add more depth to the piece.
Thank you Leo!

Oh that totally in the plans right now. I got the Lens sitting off the to the side. Just been busy with the uniform. I hope to have this uniform finished soon.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

You always seem to find a way to get more out of less.

Mighty fine work, man.

·
2,052 Posts

My figure did come with a balaclava but those boots are definitely different than the boots that came with mine. I bought my SWAT figure back around the middle or end of June. Apparently they are still tweaking these figures. That's pretty cool. I would like to see them tweak them a little more. Better head sculpts would be nice. I would also like to see them redo the hand/wrist arrangement for more compatibility with other makers hands.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

My figure did come with a balaclava but those boots are definitely different than the boots that came with mine. I bought my SWAT figure back around the middle or end of June. Apparently they are still tweaking these figures. That's pretty cool. I would like to see them tweak them a little more. Better head sculpts would be nice. I would also like to see them redo the hand/wrist arrangement for more compatibility with other makers hands.
Thank you Canuck!!! :D

I so agree with you Scimitar!!! If they did something like a BBI style or a DAM style Hand/Wrist Connector. I would to happy!! Also something with the feet.

The Sculpt IMO isn't sooooooooo bad... Yes, it does need work! BUT!! I can't complain for a figure that is 20.00. This is my 2nd figure I got.

If you remember the last build and review I did from the previous figure I got.

It does leave you a lot of room to scratch build and improve. Heck, I actually like the helmet.

·
Switched to Lurking...
693 Posts

Nice work man! I have been hashing back and forth picking up two or three of these guys just because of the price. I don't even do US Modern/Tactical. You really brought the uniform up several notches. I cheated and fabric glued pockets and pleats onto my last uniform up do. You actually sew... Why does that make me feel like less of a man? Wesley?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts

The Glock came out good, mat black rather than flat on the frame would be dead on, I think if you dropped a few bucks for better boots and a better long gun with the balaclava and body armor on he will look good.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts

You carry on the flame that made this hobby so good, jumping in and bashing up to the potential you see. Other than making Matt question his manhood, you have done a sterling job.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts

I also find it a hoot that these guys all come with Walther MP-L sub-machine guns. That's a fairly obscure weapon used primarily by various South American countries police forces. Walther made them to fill the niche that the H&K MP-5 series has so dominated.
http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/uploads/1mpl/1mpl-031483.jpg
The Walther MP-L was also used by Delta Force in the early days from some reports and first hand accounts I read years back as was the HK-21.

·
2,052 Posts

Nice work man! I have been hashing back and forth picking up two or three of these guys just because of the price. I don't even do US Modern/Tactical. You really brought the uniform up several notches. I cheated and fabric glued pockets and pleats onto my last uniform up do. You actually sew... Why does that make me feel like less of a man? Wesley?
You really should pick one up Matt. For the price they really are decent. And I just know that you want that vest! The bodies are pretty decent too. Everything tightens up with screws so if the joints are loose out of the box then just tighten them up. If just tightening the screws doesn't make a joint tight enough you can always remove the screws and add teflon tape or bluetac etc to the inside of the joint to achieve the tightness that you require. Considering that the bodies screw together that should also make them ideal for people that like to mod their bodies. I'm not a fan of the head sculpt at all but a G3.5 will pop right on. For me other than reworking the hands the thing that would really make these really good bodies would be if they would accept a head with an integrated neck. Hopefully in the future they will put out a version with a G3.5 style neck and head. That way you could just remove the neck and use an adapter to attach DiD and Dragon heads. Speaking of BBI G3.5 heads does anyone know of any other heads that are compatible with the G3.5 neck connector without surgery? I would like to find some other compatible heads for these bodies if possible.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts