One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a really really hard time sticking a Super Duck head onto a Hot Toys body.

Hot Toys neck peg was much to big for the super duck socket.

I ended up dremeling the head hole

dremeling the neck peg

sticking the peg into boiling water.

I'm now looking at a foot peg, and a shoe socket...foot peg looks way too big for super duck shoe socket.

Is this seriously the process? Or am I doing something wrong and there is a easier way?

G

·
A pic of the inside of the head and the relevant sockets would help, cos it's hard to give assistance otherwise. Or failing that, a link to which head and body you're using.

·
Looky Loo
1,050 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Well, if a builder stays within the realm of only putting together figures that "fit," his/her imagination is limited and budgets rise accordingly trying to buy pieces.

Having been a scratch model builder for years anyway, perhaps it's not much of a stretch for me to mod what doesn't fit and make it so. However, it's an attitude that deserves more than a passing glance. It's just not that damn hard.

I'd never get anything built were I to rely solely on "what fits."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A pic of the inside of the head and the relevant sockets would help, cos it's hard to give assistance otherwise. Or failing that, a link to which head and body you're using.
The diameter of the foot peg is 7.0 mm
The diameter of the shoe socket is 4.8 mm

I don't think boiling water, or hair dryer on the foot peg will make up for a 2.2mm difference?

I really don't want to use dremel, because using a dremel on either a foot peg to make it smaller, or using a dremel on the shoe socket to make it bigger is, the foot will probably too small for future shoes, and the shoe socket might be too big for other feet. :p

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, if a builder stays within the realm of only putting together figures that "fit," his/her imagination is limited and budgets rise accordingly trying to buy pieces.

Having been a scratch model builder for years anyway, perhaps it's not much of a stretch for me to mod what doesn't fit and make it so. However, it's an attitude that deserves more than a passing glance. It's just not that damn hard.

I'd never get anything built were I to rely solely on "what fits."
Kit bashing, Modding is fun, it's not that hard (with a dremel and some other tools).

It's time consuming to find that one particular item and it costs a lot *sigh* :eek:

I tend to like my customs more than my off the shelf figures...

G

·
Boiling water might just make the difference. All depends what kind of plastic the shoe is made out of. Soft plastic can be more forgiving

I have some sneakers that I had a similar problem with, they were soft plastic so got away with ramming the peg in there after heating the little sneaker up with hot water.

Personally, I don't have a . I just get by with a series of scalpels and needle files to do the work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts