One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Super DUCK extremely slow release

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  bunnyfreakz 
#1 ·
I preordered She-ra set last year and not release yet. Why they are so slow yet keep adding a new product every week.

It's not like their stuff is the most complex thing ever like Hot Toys Ironman or Batman Arkham which needed advance tailoring. It's just bunch of minimalistic cloth, shoes and headsculpt with minimalistic paint. Doesn't make any sense.

#3 · (Edited)
Anything announced by SUPER DUCK is delayed ranging from 12 to 18 months. You don't like it, then don't order/pre-order. There are 1:6 vendors who now tell customers that anything announced / solicited by them are subject to delays (12-18 months).

The number of capable and quality 1:6 production sources in Asia is limited compared to the number of 1:6 brands/manufacturers. If you don't care for delays, there are others hobbies to enjoy (with or without delays). EVERY 1:6 brand is going through delays. Some more than others.

Do you want feces design and quality by hurrying or at the very least reasonable and hopefully worthwhile design and quality by waiting with delays? The preceding is nothing new. Neither is impatience by 1:6 collectors.

#19 ·
I stopped pre-ordering Superduck stuff after waiting over a year for the Chun Li set to come out. When people learn the lesson that this is just how Superduck operates and more and more learn not to preorder, taking up other hobbies like knitting and skiing as you basically suggested, that's not great for Superduck. Its not good for any business to tell retailers a time frame for their releases then be a year or more late. Folks don't want to have someone hold their money for 2 frickin years when they pre-ordered going by an expected wait of a few months or so.

Nobody said they wanted feces quality sent quickly. The complaint was very much valid. You talk like these wait times should be expected and accepted; almost like its a good thing because we are waiting for quality... I find that much more ridiculous than people questioning such extreme delays of Superduck releases.

#4 ·
You must be joking me. There is difference between incompetence and looking for perfection. So many company on the market can deliver good quality product and faster than they are.

It's like go to restaurant and employer ask waiting me to two hour or don't eat here while their foods just mediocre as best. I dont get it why producing accessories take that long.

And do not explain why they keep adding new product while still can't fullfill order of previous products.

#5 ·
You must be joking me. There is difference between incompetence and looking for perfection. So many company on the market can deliver good quality product and faster than they are.

It's like go to restaurant and employer ask waiting me to two hour or don't eat here while their foods just mediocre as best. I dont get it why producing accessories take that long.

And do not explain why they keep adding new product while still can't fullfill order of previous products.
--

No. I'm not joking you. OK. Fine. I will not explain. Have fun storming the castle.

#9 ·
Indeed...

Honestly, I tend to be a rather patient individual. Having said that, I pre-order very little.

I suppose that if I have learned anything, it's that anticipation is only as gratifying as the desire to have the thing immediately is strong, and that too much time often diminishes the wanting.

Or such is my experience, at least…

#10 ·
I did get the sense that there is a bottleneck in production facilities and meeting demands and deadlines in China when someone else mentioned delays to their production, and I noticed that other brands like Poptoys, which I POed, are also delayed. Just have to be patient. It's not like you guys are waiting for your new house to be completed while paying extra rent because of construction delays in the meantime right!!! :)

#12 ·
All that which has been said herein about the virtue of patience may or may not effectively further the OP's original point; however, any delay that causes pre-orderer's remorse seems to be a self-inflicted wound unto the company, and just bad business (i.e., shooting themselves in the webbed foot; not so virtuous)…

To me, it really sounds like a [Super] duck is a [Super] duck… [Super-] slowly quacking…

#13 ·
When I entered into preordering of 1/6 figures starting with Hot Toys in 2010, it has always been a 1 year wait, and still is. The other companies seemed to deliver much sooner, but yes, that waiting time has lately kind of slowed down for some.

Gone are those days like back in the 90s where you could walk into a department store and pick up a 1/6 figure off the shelf like BBI's CyGirls series!

#14 ·
no matter how much we discuss, speculate, debate, demand or question the why's and the when's of product releases - it ultimately still does not change the fact that delays are always possible and beyond our control. I commit to a PO knowing full well there will be a possibility of delays and accept the fact that if it's an early release then good for me, if delayed - then I'll have to wait just like everyone else and continue living my life until I have it my hands. No harm no foul.

There will always be delays - the store that I PO from regularly gets stock in way later than other local stores as an example.

#15 ·
Yes, it is very common to see products released late. For Super Duck, it is still not considered severe.

I pre-ordered this more than a year ago, only to be informed recently that the Japan's manufacturer canceled the production, stating this product won't be able to fit most of the figures. Totally rubbish!

As for Caretoys' first figure, the newest dateline is now pushed to the end of year.

#16 ·
Some of the people posting here seem to be missing the point of the OP's original complaint…

While I understand the matter of pre-orders being placed on a basis of a speculated (not an actual) availability date; I don't understand why so many of you seem so unwilling to hold a company accountable for the accuracy of that speculation.

In practically any other area of business; a reasonably accurate return on one's investment is an absolute onus for the success of a company.

(Please reread that one more time.)

Now, consider this:

Would any of you simply loan out your own hard-earned dough to some someone without solid repayment conditions? And if you were a savvy loaner, you would hold the recipient deadly accountable, lest they accrue interest on the money that you lend them - and so at some quite well-specified and clear rate of such.

No, you cannot just take my money and say, "I'll get your product to you within this particular time-frame" - and then, when that time passes, say, "Oh, so sorry, but it's probably going to be another year or so before I can provide you what I owe."

What?!

If that sounds acceptable to you, it's no wonder why they're not improving...

In short, why should SuperDuck or any other company's ability to predict availability dates be so… Well, loosey goosey?

PS: And I am the patient one!

#18 ·
Some of the people posting here seem to be missing the point of the OP's original complaint…

While I understand the matter of pre-orders being placed on a basis of a speculated (not an actual) availability date; I don't understand why so many of you seem so unwilling to hold a company accountable for the accuracy of that speculation.

Y
In practically any other area of business; a reasonably accurate return on one's investment is an absolute onus for the success of a company.

(Please reread that one more time.)

Now, consider this:

Would any of you simply loan out your own hard-earned dough to some someone without solid repayment conditions? And if you were a savvy loaner, you would hold the recipient deadly accountable, lest they accrue interest on the money that you lend them - and so at some quite well-specified and clear rate of such.

No, you cannot just take my money and say, "I'll get your product to you within this particular time-frame" - and then, when that time passes, say, "Oh, so sorry, but it's probably going to be another year or so before I can provide you what I owe."

What?!

If that sounds acceptable to you, it's no wonder why they're not improving...

In short, why should SuperDuck or any other company's ability to predict availability dates be so… Well, loosey goosey?

PS: And I am the patient one!
Hi, guys,

I can definitely understand the "beyond patient" wait for a product that has already passed its release date.

I'm sure there are many of us who get hit with an idea one day, of something you are excited about doing.
You see a product you need, however, it says not available for 6 months. So, during that time, you are putting further thought into your project and picking up other items you need to complete it.

Meanwhile, the time goes by and no product. There is frustration when you do see talk about new releases, while your item is now 3-4 months past due with ,still, no definite release date.

The excitement you had starts diminishing rather quickly as each new week passes by.
Eventually, you give up on it & move on to something else. You would also start to think of this manufacturer in a negative way.
It is extremely disappointing to sideline your project due to the unrealistic release date, proffered by the manufacturer.
Ultimately, this could very well, result in a loss of a customer along with negative feedback among collectors.

I have never waited over a year with Hot Toys on my preorders. Often ,the items will come in ahead of time. As you all know, Hot Toys does face painting by hand, clothes are exquisite, & the extras are well made.

Super Duck is a company ,competing against other manufacturers in 1/6 scale. In order to be successful, they have to keep their customers satisfied, or, they will go elsewhere.

All of this is in addition to the financial aspects mentioned in an earlier post.

#25 · (Edited)
:brickwall

Accountability... (With other people's money!)

Otherwise, they have absolutely no reason whatsoever to improve, by your "perspective," martian...

This whole "like it or lump it" attitude with regard to professionalism and responsibility (and deadlines which they have set for themselves before taking your payment) is entirely defeatist and illogical...

If you ordered a monkey it'd be dead by the time it arrived...

:knock

PS: Nobody's a perfect what?

"Ninguém é perfeito e você é a exceção que confirma a regra…"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.