One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bloodier than you HAHA!
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I get some suggestions as to where to find the best parts for an Indy bash? I've seen some fantastic renditions on the boards, but none of them have a parts breakdown. Thanks!

·
Uber-Unteroffizier
1,546 Posts
The relic hunter figure has some great parts, the jacket and shirt and belts and he has a nice metal but oversized gun and a cool sword.
The boots are nice too. Pretty much the whole costume minus the awful hat.
So the relic hunter figure for the costume, i would recommend ebay or i'm sure some people on this board can hook you up with a nice fedora!

·
Music City Bacon
1,717 Posts
Go with the british side bag from the Coleman figure for his satchel though.... best out there... and Newline miniatures boots.... Frontline head and fedora.. Relic Hunter pants shirt and jacket... I make my own belts and holsters ( Relic Huntter's belt is waaay off) DML made a great 1/6th S&W as well as a Webley...

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
If anyone parts out that Iwo Jima dio that DML did, the boots off those figures are good for Indy. They were also used on the Windtalkers figures. BBI did a nice Webley with their Keith Gordon and I think it looks better than the DML one, especially if the gun that came with Terry Davies is supposed to be a Webley. The BBI Chinese Mig Pilot's jacket is also supposed to be good.

Still, one hopes that SS's complete figure will cancel out the need for any of that, we can but hope...

CHEERS!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have 2 Chinese MIG pilot jackets and, like Roger says, they are excellent for Indy jackets. I also have a DID Charles Winstone (I think) uniform which, with a little shirt lightening, will be good for the pants and shirt. Everyone who is doing an Indy bash needs to see Stevo for the gun and belt. I also have the John Coleman bag and it is the best bag out there. I have a Toys McCoy bag and I much prefer the Coleman one. I have doubles of everything but I am building one with an eye toward selling it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-scale-WW2-U...ryZ27294QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Also found these clothes on eBay. They might be useful to someone.

·
1:6 Scale Kilt Maker
232 Posts
Can I get some suggestions as to where to find the best parts for an Indy bash? I've seen some fantastic renditions on the boards, but none of them have a parts breakdown. Thanks!
Kinda lite on the details, but DML's US Army Air Force Pilot based upon Ben Affleck's character from Pearl Harbor had the correct shirt/pants/boots and jacket combination, if I remember correctly.

The side bag he carried has been issued a few times, notably with British troops.

Hope this helps.

Will

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
I think somebody posted this before but it's worth reposting. The best site on the net for Indy research: http://www.indygear.com/links.shtml

By the way that Coleman side bag is actually a British resperator/gas mask bag. It's exactly the same one Indy uses as a bag.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
After seeing that the SS one is $90 without shipping, a custom is still the way to go. If anyone does part out the SS Indy though, a nude might be a good investement. Their fedora could be good too, but as far as anything else goes, see above!

CHEERS!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.