One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all. I am starting my first "modern figure" and am currently perchasing a "Very Hot" M4.
Do all mags fit all guns? Like "univeral" mags. I know in real life they dont....But. Any help will be awesome.
Is their an equlivant M4 mag that will fit my gun?
Please help and thank you in advance :bag

·
Registered
667 Posts
Someone please correct me if I am incorrect but I believe most 1/6 scale M-4 rifles will accept magazines from different manufacturers. Although some companies produce better rifles and associated components, so the fit may differ from one company to another. I know that Very Hot Toys is not one of the better manufacturers as compared to Soldier Story or Hot Toys so the fit may be either a bit tight or loose. My recommendation is stay with what ever company produced the gun so you know for a fact the mags will fit correctly.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Was the VHT M4 you purchased did not come with a magazine? :think MD is not giving you not even one :lol. I am not familiar with VHT, but most mags in my experience are compatible, except DML. There are already so many makers to list. It is best if you acquire the weapon and mags from one maker. You should have clicked the extra magazines as well to satisfy the penchant for a whole lot of magazines for the M4 that fits. I am a firm believer in this satisfying and gratifying hobby that you got to have the mags that fit, as much as we can have. Works well if it is exposed on vest or dioramas or just laying around ( for me). I think nowadays VHT copied their M4s from SS or TC so mags from both makers should work. But SS and TC mags cost more and so are the more modern ones. A very modern M4 of course needs modern mags, a must for the true hobbyist's attentiveness to detail.

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fioski it did come with a mag but I wanted more for the vest I have too. I'll try SS later. I am slowly putting together my Operator. One paycheck at a time.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I buy lousier quality mags that are dirt cheap when I am only using them to fill up open pouches. Just looks for decent looking cheap mags if u r just putting them in vests.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
There are some slight variances between the magwells among manufacturers (and magazines as a result), but for pouches you usually have a bit more leeway as the fabric has a bit more give than the plastic on a magwell.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,934 Posts

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DFC it's the only M4 on that page. The VHT M4 Loaded. I liked the look of it and boom I bought it. I am going off of tv shows and what I see in town on the local sheriff's.
BTW my operator is going to be a female sheriff's deputy attached to my marshals.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I buy lousier quality mags that are dirt cheap when I am only using them to fill up open pouches. Just looks for decent looking cheap mags if u r just putting them in vests.
Here's your answer.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
DFC it's the only M4 on that page. The VHT M4 Loaded. I liked the look of it and boom I bought it. I am going off of tv shows and what I see in town on the local sheriff's.
BTW my operator is going to be a female sheriff's deputy attached to my marshals.
so a sexy female sheriff? nice! one question? is she going to be dressed as a deputy, or swat? it couldn't hurt if she was dressed as a deputy, although it would be really hard finding the uni from blue box. also i really have a thing for female cops, they are super sexy. and sometimes cute, and beautiful. like some nurses at UCLA!

as for female cops here's two pictures of mine

Glasses Peaked cap Military uniform Military person Security

Neck Sleeve Waist Trunk Chest

·
Amazon Warrior
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CobraTrooper11 she will be in the street uni. Tan button down with olive slacks. And I'm making it all. I did a search and all I found were blue uni's and that's not what I wanted so I will do it myself. I am also attempting to make her a flack vest and duty belt. Fingers crossed that it all comes out OK :^D

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,084 Posts
There are some slight variances between the magwells among manufacturers (and magazines as a result), but for pouches you usually have a bit more leeway as the fabric has a bit more give than the plastic on a magwell.
This is the best answer so far, as far as M4's are concerned.

Almost all companies have their own mold for making M4/M16's. Some can fit between a few manufacturers, but on the whole, most only fit the brand they are made for.

For example, try fitting any old Hot Toys magazine into any other brand. Not going to happen. Older Hot Toys mags are too big. But, say Dragon mags, and Toy Soldier or Playhouse/Saturday Toys. Those are all really close, and sometimes fit other brands (not always, depends on the mold batch I think). Soldier Story won't fit any of those, as they are in between those sizes.

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
CobraTrooper11 she will be in the street uni. Tan button down with olive slacks. And I'm making it all. I did a search and all I found were blue uni's and that's not what I wanted so I will do it myself. I am also attempting to make her a flack vest and duty belt. Fingers crossed that it all comes out OK :^D
so your going to do what i have wanted to do? cool! do tell though if you can make a few for sale. cause i'd be down for at least one! just know that it's gonna be hard finding a badge but patches of pride is probably the best source! also ebay has some pretty good body armor, but not anything exclusively female.
keep me updated,

your pal,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.