One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for ideas for storing my 1/6 loose stuff. There's a few bodies but mostly lots of miltary uniforms, boots, weapons, gear and other pieces of kit. I'm curious as to what other collectors and modders use. I've looked at a few places and even saw a couple of options at Hobby Lobby but nothing so far has struck my fancy.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I do a combination of things. Some are in those plastic craft boxes with the dividers (the kind of stuff you can find at HL, Michael’s and Wal-Mart), other things are in individually labeled zip-loc bags that are inside the nicer figure boxes — like the sturdy ones that come with magnet covers — that have nice graphics. And I keep a computer log of everything, including having each box/container numbered, where that box is located, and what’s inside each.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah. I didn't think of keeping an inventory. I have not reached that point yet but if I don't stop collecting loose gear I'll need to do something.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't know these things existed. Do you put a divider in them?

Plus btw, I noticed your avatar. I'm making a Vietnam era 5th group Wolverine. One of the headsculpts is going to be him wearing the 1/6 John Wayne's green beret. I've done taken the rank off the flash but am now looking for an SF crest to go on the flash. I thought maybe you'd know where I could get some. I've looked and looked and looked. I'm thinking I may have to have some made.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,960 Posts
I use plastic organizer boxes for smaller parts, similar to the tackle box style ones. The brand I go to are the Plano organizers for smaller parts. For larger parts and figures, I use larger transparent storage bins so I can see the figures and parts that are inside.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i find the root of storage being to put garments and accessories in plastic zip lock bags of various sizes and getting out as much air as I can. This has helped to preserved and give longevity, I also do my best to insulate various plastics from each other so they don't have reactions over time, by not keeping them together(in their own bags) or by separating with cloth/paper/etc. For organizing I am lucky to have some space and have furniture in my war room with drawers for German/British/and GI uniforms and gear with added dividers. My storage areas are out of direct sun and never got too cold or too warm, nor too humid or too dry and other than some issues with older DML pleather Y-Straps on displayed figures, I haven't had any problems with a collection going on 20 years old now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts