One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is what the company had to say about that. LOL

"We have heard that Apple tried to stop several companies from selling Steve Jobs figures," says the firm's Yuichi Kimura. "We do not have any permission from anyone and we don't think it is necessary to obtain permission from anyone. Just like millions of people around the world, I was moved by Jobs' passion and his creativity. He said that he loved to do the things he could do the best. So do I, and the best thing I can do is make a lifelike figure to remember him and I also wanted to share my passion with all his fans like he did with those i-products. This is my pure and simple intention."

This is said to be a Limited run too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought so too Cowpehcowbu, and I was very upset with that Stoppage. This one is being sold thru a Japanese company instead of a Chinese one. It doesn't come with any Apple products and also includes the couch along with the half bitten apple. I bit on it cause I really want this figure. Mine should be shipping within the next several weeks so I'll post pics after I get it. :)

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Not too bad. The likeness is better (from his famous 2006 black-and-white portrait by Albert Watson). I like the chair. And I want those glasses!

I did my own version using Headplay's. I'll stick with that for now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea $200 if you live in the US. It's a lot I know, but seeing how RARE Good Steve Jobs 1/6 figures are...I couldn't pass it up. lol

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Yea $200 if you live in the US. It's a lot I know, but seeing how RARE Good Steve Jobs 1/6 figures are...I couldn't pass it up. lol
Hehehe. I'm not judging. Just a general comment based on similar offerings. If you're that big of a fan that's cool. :D

·
Registered
626 Posts
I thought so too Cowpehcowbu, and I was very upset with that Stoppage. This one is being sold thru a Japanese company instead of a Chinese one. It doesn't come with any Apple products and also includes the couch along with the half bitten apple. I bit on it cause I really want this figure. Mine should be shipping within the next several weeks so I'll post pics after I get it. :)
Where did you purchase it?

·
i believe in harvey dent
2,115 Posts
I like the chair. And I want those glasses!
I really want one of those le corbusier armchairs! Really!
ditto..one or two will be good to have actually
I'm not even a fan of Jobs or Apple - but this might be a buy anyway.
my mother is a huge fan of steve jobs. she would absolutely love this.

i would love the glasses and chair like everyone else!

makes it very very tempting.

: D

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Well, i don't think it matters whether it sells from China or Japan, Apple has long arms and I guess will see how long it take for them to jump on this one. If they were able to stop DID, I belive they will be able to stop an even smaller company.

Nice looking figure but I have the headplay one and am fine with that.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts