One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cross of Iron is a 1977 war film directed by Sam Peckinpah, featuring James Coburn, Maximilian Schell, James Mason and David Warner. The film is set on the Eastern Front in World War II during the Soviet's Caucasus operations that forced the Wehrmacht to retreat from the Taman Peninsula on the Black Sea in late 1943.

The head is from Peter the Painter (thanks a lot!!). Uniform and equipment is from DID, Dragon and Toy City.

Hope you like him!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img][/img]

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img][/URL]

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Nice one Barbarossa,you have done a great job with him.....i've lost count of the number of Steiner's i've seen bashed over the past ten odd years or so....a very popular subject is old Steiner,the sculpt looks pretty good as well...i've still got the old DML version on my one....i wonder if DID will give us the definitive Coburn/Steiner figure with one of their superb sculpts....my one could certainly do with being replaced with a new version.
Chelseaboy.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Like Chelseaboy, I too have seen a lot of Steiners. This is one of the better ones. Peter did a great sculpt for you and you have given Steiner a good load out with out going over board.
Nice work.

Tim

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A fine Steiner indeed, I like them all, yours is among the best.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nice one Barbarossa,you have done a great job with him.....i've lost count of the number of Steiner's i've seen bashed over the past ten odd years or so....a very popular subject is old Steiner,the sculpt looks pretty good as well...i've still got the old DML version on my one....i wonder if DID will give us the definitive Coburn/Steiner figure with one of their superb sculpts....my one could certainly do with being replaced with a new version.
Chelseaboy.
Yes another great job...
I am humbled by people's interest in me...

Yes, a DID version would be brilliant.

>>>

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Love the film, great work!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,894 Posts
Nicely done.

I remember when DML teased collectors with sneak peeks of their version of "Steiner" back in the day and how a popular figure he was when he was released and for a while longer afterwards when he commanded a fairly good secondary market price among collectors.

Of course as with everything, the demand, interest, and price waned over the years along with supply.

The character IMHO is worth a definite revisit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts