One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what I believe is an SOTW version of the Starlight Scope. My question is, did this type of mount for an M16 exsist during Vietnam? I have searched but found little on the mounts. I thought I had seen a similar mount at one point when browsing through some period in-country photos.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I copied your pic and added the mounting catches that are usually on the SOTW Starlite scope -

It seems like the first scopes had a lot of mounts made to adapt them to particular systems (ex: the M-14). When adapting them to M-16s, side-mounts appear in many shots:

I'm just guessing, but this might be a side mount setup for an M-14.

Still, the SOTW mount works on the model, and the lugs might be capable of being tightened on a 1/1 version. SOTW's weapons usually seem to be pretty accurate, this might be a case like 21C, where they had ref pics.

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks, PD. I knew I could count on you to come up with the goods! I had removed the two mounting catches on the scope. I still have the weapon on which it was originally mounted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.