One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a birthday present to myself got a boxed Fleet Trooper figure, a figure I'd been after for quite some time. They're one of my all-time favourite Rebel character designs.

He wasn't completely NIB as the clear plastic scope tip was missing, and his hands had been switched (Was supposed to have a trigger hand and a more relaxed hand, instead got two gripping and two relaxed) but irregardless, very happy to get one.

My newest acquisition is on the far right, shown below after a body, boot & belt swap.

One thing I wasn't a big fan of was how loose the helmets were on the heads, so I fished out some old German helmet liners I had kicking around...

This was mostly a test to see how it would turn out, but I think it worked quite well.
At some point I'll move the straps to the loops on the liners. but for now it's a much improved fit.

Here are the troopers, ready to repel Imperial boarders.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Love them!!! the fleet trooper is one of my favourite Rebel types too. Not been lucky enough to pick one up yet, but you never know for the future. Not quite sure where I would fit him in if I did get one though lol.

Good job on the helmet too, looks great.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love them!!! the fleet trooper is one of my favourite Rebel types too. Not been lucky enough to pick one up yet, but you never know for the future. Not quite sure where I would fit him in if I did get one though lol.

Good job on the helmet too, looks great.
Thanks man!
I'm really hoping we see the Fleet Troopers revisited someday. I thought it may happen with Rogue One, because of that ending, especially...but I doubt that'll be happening.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,909 Posts
Nice! This rebel outfit has always been my favourite too, but again, not managed to pick one up..so hoping I get to one day!

·
Loser 6
618 Posts
Well done, it would be interesting to see what sort of suspension system the 1:1 helmets used. Nice set of troopers, they look great........Jim

·
P-51 Cadillac Of The Sky
138 Posts
Nice good idea on the german helmet liner on these terrorist's You're gonna need to get more peace keeping storm troopers to keep these guys at bay..

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice! This rebel outfit has always been my favourite too, but again, not managed to pick one up..so hoping I get to one day!
Thanks man, I hope you can too, these guys are great fun!
PEW PEW PEW ! Awesome !
Any plans to get more troopers to fight back against the dark side ?
If I can find 'em cheap enough, I'd love to, haha
Well done, it would be interesting to see what sort of suspension system the 1:1 helmets used. Nice set of troopers, they look great........Jim
Thanks Jim! That is a good question...I know a lot of cosplayers use hard-hat helmet liners...
Nice good idea on the german helmet liner on these terrorist's You're gonna need to get more peace keeping storm troopers to keep these guys at bay..
Yeah you may be right, I ony have the one...for now ;)
Congratulations on the new acquisition and bash. They do look great. Makes me want to invest in one or two, but it would be mostly so that my stormtroopers have something they can (i.e., are allowed to) actually hit. ;)
Haha well hey, everyone can use a target or two!

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Yeah you may be right, I ony have the one...for now ;)
By the way, if you do want to build up a troop of stormtroopers (see what I did there? ;) ) relatively cheaply, consider getting yourself a few of the Bandai ones and swapping the heads with those from the under-articulated Hasbro 12" interactec (sp?) Stormtroopers that were released after Rogue One. I've done so with 7, which is almost an entire 9-Stormtrooper squad.

You've probably seen the discussion of these bashes and the minor extra customization for fitting the heads and closing the armpit gaps in earlier threads, but here's an extra image just in case:

PS I did mean to comment on the liner. Simply genius! Love it. I would have just used some soft and squishy mounting tape but this is commitment to detail.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By the way, if you do want to build up a troop of stormtroopers (see what I did there? ;) ) relatively cheaply, consider getting yourself a few of the Bandai ones and swapping the heads with those from the under-articulated Hasbro 12" interactec (sp?) Stormtroopers that were released after Rogue One. I've done so with 7, which is almost an entire 9-Stormtrooper squad.

You've probably seen the discussion of these bashes and the minor extra customization for fitting the heads and closing the armpit gaps in earlier threads...

PS I did mean to comment on the liner. Simply genius! Love it. I would have just used some soft and squishy mounting tape but this is commitment to detail.
Thanks man! Yeah I'd seen that thread before, very awesome, have thought of picking up a RO Trooper for just that reason alone, the helmet is a nice lookin' one, too.
If the german helmet liner didn't work, I was going to use fabric tape to make a liner, but luckily enough they fit the bill pretty darn well. I'll need to re-glue with some hot glue at some point, and I'll likely add the straps to the liner loops at that time. The liners are just held in place with a couple daubs of super glue gel at the moment.
Great looking figures, really well done.

CHEERS!
Thanks Roger!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,893 Posts
You need more troopers.

Awesome work.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I like the work and inspiration you've shown here. I always thought the rebels suffered from supply issues and/or bad fashion sense, but looking at the three types of storm troopers GubernatorFan posted, I was suddenly struck by a horrific thought: the Empire's combat troop armor is inspired by white leisure suits and shoes.....

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice set of figures! I always thought their helmets were quite cool.
Thanks! Haha yeah I always really like seeing them on-screen. The ending of Rogue One was pretty darn awesome, too.
You need more troopers.
Awesome work.
Thanks DFC! Oh I definitely do. May check out some Bandai kits sometime. Need to get some officers, too...

I like the work and inspiration you've shown here. I always thought the rebels suffered from supply issues and/or bad fashion sense, but looking at the three types of storm troopers GubernatorFan posted, I was suddenly struck by a horrific thought: the Empire's combat troop armor is inspired by white leisure suits and shoes.....
Haha Y'know you're right, nothing's quite as menacing as '70s leisure wear

Yes mate. Got a replacement body on the way and going to do what you have with the helmet. Thanks for the tip!!
Awesome, man! Hope you post 'em up when you get him all sorted!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts