One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1:6 collector
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite trooper types from the Original Trilogy, the so-called "Death Star Trooper" (actually Naval Guard) has not been given a sixth-scale treatment since the relatively unrealistic 1998 Hasbro 12-inch figures. Hot Toys announced this figure years ago, but it never proceeded to the pre-order stage and we haven't heard anything about it in ages. Ironically, Hot Toys has now produced enough different pieces in other sets to allow one to compile the figure -- either using all Hot Toys parts or mixing and matching from different sources.

You can see both solutions in the full thread here:

STAR WARS Death Star Trooper (Imperial Naval Guard) by Hot Toys (updated)

·
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't find 'em, build 'em. I like how you think
Thank you very much. They started with all Hasbro parts years ago (partly modified for accuracy), but they have ended up all HT (or my preferred option, HT+Sideshow+DID+TBLeague) now. If they do release the "Death Star Trooper" in the future, prices are likely to be so high I might not even get one... but at least I would not longer "need" one. Not that one could ever have enough troopers... :)

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Wow they look really really sharp, and I like the Samurai esque helmets.

·
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I think that is a major part of what drew me to them ever since I was a kid. I didn't have the "classic" scale Kenner figure until I was an adult, and in hand it was rather unimpressive (then again, it was part of their very first line). So more accurate versions (in any scale) have always drawn me, and this was no exception.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts