One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

1:6 collector
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While my last Star Wars custom (the "Death Star Trooper") was a very recognizable trooper type from that cinematic universe, my most recent is one of the most utterly obscure. But it was present, in deep formation, and served as a backdrop behind the conversing Sith masters of the universe. I mean the Imperial Ground (now Mechanical) Crew, an imperial-themed mish-mash of corresponding rebel personnel. If you enjoy some detailed insight into Star Wars design and figuring out exactly what was on screen, you'll find the write-up turned into a veritable research essay, complete with source photos. Or there are the custom figure photos, its upgrade, and even its spruced-up "legends" version, illustrated below, which I call a "slinger." Despite its obscurity, this character now completes my official or custom/kitbashed imperial personnel types.

You can find the kitbash here: STAR WARS Imperial Mechanical Crew
It inspired a spin-off story here: STAR WARS The Accident Story

I hope you enjoy them.

Registered
Looks great!

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. Ready to play some baseball I see. 馃憤
Looks great!
Thank you very much, I'm glad you liked it. Yep, there was just something about it that made me go for baseball in the story and the "Legends" version. But maybe it was just Kyle's girlfriend's batons... :)

Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice figure, and you put a lot into it. Is this one of the poor slobs that had to put the Death Star back together?
Thank you very much, I'm very glad you liked it. For a such a simple look (the movie-accurate one anyway), it took quite a lot of research to get right. :) So, maybe they did have a part in building the Death Star, but I imagine they were mostly kept busy refueling and repairing all those TIE-fighters and shuttles that didn't just blow up spontaneously every time an X-Wing flew within half a light year of them. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts