One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ACTION MAN!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(sorry, my english is bad.)
hi, after deviltrooper, http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...rs-custom-expanded-universe-deviltrooper.html

I grabbed a handful of armor of a clone trooper hasbro released in 2005 and a head of these clone troopers static being sold and made this new "concept "The scorpiontrooper would be a clone trooper heavy infantry, specialized in fighting with lightsaber pike, a lightsaber spear, used by the Royal Guard of palpatine.

inspiration:

SCORPIONTROOPER

-LEFT THE CLONE ENHANCED ON SHOULDER, FOREARM AND THIGH.
.-INCREASE IN BOOTS, knee and elbow pads
parts:
-custom lightsaber pike, pauldron, pistol and rifle also paint and details.
the jambs are Medicom. the rest of the pieces is hasbro.

*may the force be with you!*

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Good stuff, Alex. These guys are almost like the Japanese warrior monks.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Cool! Love the yellow! You might want to ease up on the black paint when weathering, I use Game Color Smokey Ink as a weathering wash that works really well and is easy to apply, there are of course other ink colours for you to choose from. Dry brushing various shades of light colours works well for weathering too, often metallic colours are chosen to represent scratches or rubbed down surfaces. These are just tips of the hobby, by no means criticizing your work, for all I know he's meant to have that style of weathering! He could have just come out of an oily air shaft or be fighting on Mustafa and be covered in soot! Great work, keep it up!

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Man, I like that.

Very nice work.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
I really like the look of these and you've achieved something there especially working from Hasbro. I like the design, like the yellow, like the weathering.

But (nerd alert) I can't accept the basic concept. Light sabers are generally limited to Jedi or Sith masters (even Han Solo uses one as a tool but never to fight with) and each one is unique, hugely difficult to use without harming yourself, and probably insanely expensive to make, which Jedi and Sith do themselves. I don't think I've ever seen any troopers with light sabers even once.

Making them just the equivalent of standard issue bayonets or pikes seems wrong to me even if it's Palpatine's Royal Guard. It's like a SHIELD squad carrying Thor hammers and Captain America shields.

·
11,540 Posts
I really like the look of these and you've achieved something there especially working from Hasbro. I like the design, like the yellow, like the weathering.

But (nerd alert) I can't accept the basic concept. Light sabers are generally limited to Jedi or Sith masters (even Han Solo uses one as a tool but never to fight with) and each one is unique, hugely difficult to use without harming yourself, and probably insanely expensive to make, which Jedi and Sith do themselves. I don't think I've ever seen any troopers with light sabers even once.

Making them just the equivalent of standard issue bayonets or pikes seems wrong to me even if it's Palpatine's Royal Guard. It's like a SHIELD squad carrying Thor hammers and Captain America shields.
I agree, the Jedi have find their own crystals as part of their apprenticeship and Sith Force manipulate their own but they have been used by non Force adepts like Boba Fett, Aurra Sing etc.. and I guess the games must have elite guards with them too; it would make sense that you wouldn't need nearly as much skill with a pike or bayonet as they are long reach weapons which is why in the history "cannon fodder" or lowly troops have always been equipped with them, inc. WWII where 20,000 pikes were manufactured for the British Home Guard!

·
ACTION MAN!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

thank you both. but if you create a small squad of elite, like the royal red / shadow guards that use the lightsaber pike, it's possible you train clones with skills to challenge and confront the droids. perhaps the commando droid. are faster, more agile and smarter, and use sword.

I think the original concept of mcquarrie, I think the stormtroopers would have lightsabers.

·
ACTION MAN!
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thank you both. but if you create a small squad of elite, like the royal red / shadow guards that use the lightsaber pike, it's possible you train clones with skills to challenge and confront the droids. perhaps the commando droid. are faster, more agile and smarter, and use sword.

I think the original concept of mcquarrie, I think the stormtroopers would have lightsabers.
Furthermore, a lightsaber bayonet or pike, can be useful for a clone or stormtrooper army to lighting or open giant metal doors ...

·
11,540 Posts
Furthermore, a lightsaber bayonet or pike, can be useful for a clone or stormtrooper army to lighting or open giant metal doors ...

Cool idea, like a "Thermal Lance".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.