One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it has been a good while since I have posted. Right now I am finishing up my cobra marines and a few other projects. I am currently thinking a head to my next one. The back story to this is that they never really talk in Star Wars about the transition from clones to regular humans as stormtroopers. So this is my take on it. I give you the 1st Volunteer Legion! The first Non clone division in the Empire. In the canon they said one of the main reasons they didn't want to use clones was because of the Clone rebellion after the Clone wars. Also the Jango Fett DNA had been complete stretched to the point where the clones became more defective. These men are not only the first non clones to fight, but they are also the template for new clones. As they said in the canon that clones are still used to an extent, but many aren't the Jango clones. The camo design is based off the Luftwaffe Splinter camo. The 7 up top is the Star Wars symbol for R, standing for Recon. This Unit rides piggy back with scout troopers and go on advanced patrols and call in bombing runs, and are main scout for the Legion. The 1st VL is called the "The Will of the Empire".

Here is the design

Attachments

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
This is the kind of stuff that I think would spread SW builds farther into the community. Indy authors and artists ( following and furthering canon) can bring more "realism" than the original, serial-type simplicity Lucas started with.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been designing the 1st VL for years. I wrote a backstory to them. I never really put it out there because i'm nervous about putting my writing out. But, basically the 1st is made up of recruits who are the 1st Generation to live under Imperial rule. And, some of the units are fanatic. Some have even been known to charge heavily fortified positions that even the Jango clones wouldn't try. The more veteran units have customized their armor too. Some have even dumped certain parts of the standard storm trooper armor. They have also up armored certain parts of it, such as the chest and head. The 1st and Jango clones do not get along that well. Many of the Jango clones look down on the human volunteers. There are even stories of legendary fist fights that have happened between the 501st and the 1st. The 1st has a slogan "If your going to fall. Fall forward." Which means no matter what take the objective. This has led the first to have one of the highest casualty rates out of all Legions in the Empire.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts