One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else order this figure yet?

http://www.disneystore.com/stormtrooper-talking-figure-star-wars-13-1/2/mp/1353921/1000255/

I just ordered two. If you click on the sound symbol, you can hear the phrases they say, and I must say, they are awesome! I have a bunch of the sideshow troopers, but these look really nice, and for the price they are a good deal. I think they are basically just two-ups of the hasbro black series sculpt, but they are still pretty nice looking figures.
Check out rebelscum.com to see the future releases which include han, luke, darth vader, and chewie.
I'm not sure if the blaster is removable, but at any rate the paint job looks great.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Anyone else order this figure yet?

http://www.disneystore.com/stormtrooper-talking-figure-star-wars-13-1/2/mp/1353921/1000255/

I just ordered two. If you click on the sound symbol, you can hear the phrases they say, and I must say, they are awesome! I have a bunch of the sideshow troopers, but these look really nice, and for the price they are a good deal. I think they are basically just two-ups of the hasbro black series sculpt, but they are still pretty nice looking figures.
Check out rebelscum.com to see the future releases which include han, luke, darth vader, and chewie.
I'm not sure if the blaster is removable, but at any rate the paint job looks great.
Looks awesome! I bet these look gigantic next to 1/6 figures.

Also, I can't find pictures for the future releases.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
The talking "Anakin to Vader" is in the same scale / series, I think. Just got that one from Toys'r'Us at a Star Wars Day May 4, 50% off so for Can$ $17. On Vader the 13" makes sense, though not so much when he's Anakin.

I was expecting to just use the Vader parts to hack around with while mostly disregarding the primitive body, but actually it looks pretty good as Vader though not very posable. There's a button on the head that auto-detects the Helmet and changes the light saber light-up color from blue to red, and also changes the voice and sound effects from Hayden Christensen to James Earl Jones. Pretty cool and if I was a kid I'd be very jazzed. May need to get him a couple of these troopers.

·
Registered
671 Posts
The talking "Anakin to Vader" is in the same scale / series, I think. Just got that one from Toys'r'Us at a Star Wars Day May 4, 50% off so for Can$ $17. On Vader the 13" makes sense, though not so much when he's Anakin.

I was expecting to just use the Vader parts to hack around with while mostly disregarding the primitive body, but actually it looks pretty good as Vader though not very posable. There's a button on the head that auto-detects the Helmet and changes the light saber light-up color from blue to red, and also changes the voice and sound effects from Hayden Christensen to James Earl Jones. Pretty cool and if I was a kid I'd be very jazzed. May need to get him a couple of these troopers.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
They still have that deal going? I've long wanted to make a Vader from a bunch of pieces.
Current Canada deal is $17 reg. $35, better than the current US deal of $24 reg. $30 (wow, that never happens).
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=19793986
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=20344516&cp=&parentPage=search

Really like the helmet. The chest gadget box detail is better than on the old (fully articulated but non-electronic) Anakin to Vader, but regrettably this one has just a molded rather than an actual chain. Also due to the electronics the light saber is not removable (you can pull off the tube part but can't remove the handle). Haven't checked but I think this electronic version is a bit bigger as well. Voices seem to be the real actors.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Mmmm, the Vader isn't bad and sounds to be about the right height, what is anyone elses' take on the height for 1/6.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Found this pic over at SSC, On the left is Sideshow's, right is this new figure. I figured if it was near enough, then a little modding here and there would be possible. Unfortunately, it's way too big to make a go of it. A great shame, as the proportions look really good, particularly the helmet.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
Bummer! The stormies would have been great army builders! Vader looks useful though...

·
IS HE LIVE OR IS HE DEAD?
2,599 Posts
I'm having flashbacks of wanting the Six Million Dollar Man to team up with GI Joe then finding out Kenner thought it was a good idea to make him in a totally different scale!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I'm having flashbacks of wanting the Six Million Dollar Man to team up with GI Joe then finding out Kenner thought it was a good idea to make him in a totally different scale!
That's precisely why Hasbro sold you Mike Powers! :lol

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Vader is the right height. In the movies, he towers over everyone, except maybe Chewbacca.
The current electronic Vader is I think just the right height to go over (above) "standard" figures. Of course when he's the Anakin he's too tall, and of course the whole "transformation figure" aspect is weird because what's under the Vader garb doesn't look anything like Anakin - it's not like a Bruce Wayne / Batman thing.

For that matter I'm not sure if there is a clear canon answer to precisely why and where Vader is made taller than Anakin - I've always assumed it was longer robot legs but Vader does not look disproportionate. Anyway for <$20 and being the "right" height, I think he's great essentially as a diorama prop to support other figures, where you don't need him to be posable.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Close-up of the Helmet parts.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What is that silvery grey thing they're standing beside? I picked one up at a second-hand store to use in a diorama and it's bugging me that I have NO IDEA what it was originally supposed to be :lol

As for the Stormtrooper, I just picked one up and despite being over-scaled I quite like it. Nice sharp scult on the helmet in particular. I think the scale may have something to do with Sideshow -- perhaps they have an exclusive license for 1/6 scale figs?

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
What is that silvery grey thing they're standing beside? I picked one up at a second-hand store to use in a diorama and it's bugging me that I have NO IDEA what it was originally supposed to be :lol
Funny. Exactly like you, I picked one up in a flea market environment not for its intended purpose, but as a sci-fi diorama prop. Mine still had the box. It's a 1:1 handblaster (one of the nodules cocks the spring, and then you put your hand inside and squeeze the trigger to launch nerf-type projectiles). MCA Alien Racers was an attempted series that had a TV show on Fox, remote control alien vehicles, 1/9 figures and this 1:1 blaster. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Racers

·
Registered
743 Posts
Found this pic over at SSC, On the left is Sideshow's, right is this new figure. I figured if it was near enough, then a little modding here and there would be possible. Unfortunately, it's way too big to make a go of it. A great shame, as the proportions look really good, particularly the helmet.

Only way to use these is to start your own storyline of a mutant batch of supersized clones :lol

1 - 20 of 54 Posts