One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Star Trek Khan sixth scale figure review

Product Review 
2K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  timekiller 
#1 ·
Seems like it's just been one excellent sixth scale figure after the other this last month, and tonight's review continues the streak. This is an early review of the Qmx Star Trek Khan, based on his look from the Original Series. I have some nits, most notably around the paint, but he's still an excellent addition to the group, especially at this price point. You can find my review here:

Review and photos of Star Trek Khan sixth scale action figure by Qmx

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael

See less See more
#5 ·
A good review, and a very spiffy figure, definitely the Khan himself. Fortunately for me, the reveal didn't work. I still see Montalban, albeit a bit different from some angles - something even the best sculpts seem to give up at times. I've lost how many times I've seen a good sculpt translated as Lee Majors, or some other popular celebrity, by various viewers, eye of the beholder methinks.

Qmx [edit]- Mezco does some impressive stuff with its 1:12 line, perhaps that sells better visually than the 1:6 "magnification". This Khan is impressive, and begs for a screaming Kirk companion figure.

#9 ·
Qmx does some impressive stuff with its 1:12 line, perhaps that sells better visually than the 1:6 "magnification". This Khan is impressive, and begs for a screaming Kirk companion figurte.
QMX doesn't have any 1:12 lines, are you thinking of Mezco One:12? They make (so far) a Kirk, 3 Spocks (Regular, First Appearance and Mirror Mirror) and Sulu - and not Khan. One:12 Kirk has two heads but neither one is screaming. QMX's 1/6 Kirk has only the one head, not screaming, though I agree a screaming alternative would be nice. Maybe that will come if/when QMX release ST2 movie style Kirk and Khan.

#10 ·
This talk of seeing other actors than the ones intended in head sculpts seemed quite timely when I received the head sculpt from Hot Heart's Wade Wilson. It is supposed to be Ryan Reynolds, but to me it looks more like Chris Pine in the facial features. In fact, if the eyes were blue rather than green, and if the hair was a tad darker (even if the sculpt were the same), it would be Chris Pine.

Here's a link with the promotional photos:
toyhaven: Hot Heart FD003 1/6th scale Wade Wilson Collectible Figure from X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Apparently we had a thread on it when it first appeared for pre-order:
HOT HEART | "Wade Wilson"

#16 ·
I'm buying all the classic trek figures. They're great. I even bought the Captain's chair for Kirk.

I'm very hopeful they create the whole crew including Rand and Chapel. It wouldn't be right if they didn't. I've waited for trek figures of this quality for a long time. The 5, 8, 9 and 12 inch figures just didn't scratch the itch for me. "although, I love me some Megos"

I didn't see George until you guys mentioned it. Thanks a lot. "I'll be calling him George from now on"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.