One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Well, you sure beat everyone (companies included) off the mark, Nigel. Very nice, right down to the grips on his pistol. I see you decide to pass on the stitching on his insignia, which would be epic and insanity-causing work.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Looks great, I have two of the same head sculpts and they are really nice, just waiting for a few parts and I will have mine done.

You might want to look at the jacket again, you have the late war style and in the movie he wears an early style with large pockets on the front (i might have that backwards late war early war?) I think I am going to use two jackets and cut one up for the pockets..not sure yet..

Love the little base as well, good job

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Not too bad at all, but I do have one nitpick; the pistol you used is a Colt and the pistol in the movie is a Smith & Wesson Model 1917. However, you did a great job of replicating the "sweetheart" grips on the pistol!

David

·
Registered
997 Posts
Nice work Nigel, I only saw the film for the first time the other day when it was released in the UK on dvd, I relly enjoyed it for what it was and you've done an excellent job on wardaddy.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Not too bad at all, but I do have one nitpick; the pistol you used is a Colt and the pistol in the movie is a Smith & Wesson Model 1917. However, you did a great job of replicating the "sweetheart" grips on the pistol!

David
I'm waiting on my pistol & holster for mine from BGT. Although a Smith & Wesson, it's not a M1917. I figure its in the holster and you make certain concessions when dealing in 1/6 (like the scarcity of the cavalry boots).

I love the grip on this. Great figure.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Great figure Nigel, the weathering on the clothing, posing and base are all excellent. The head sculpt although good, doesn't remind me of Brad in that role, he is fuller faced and more grizzled in the movie. Have you seen the excellent rendition by Alex Lopez? Imho I think it is the most like him that's available at the moment.

Cheers,

Peter.

·
AKA Nigel...
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very nice! I enjoyed the movie a lot and you nailed the character. Love the pistol.
Thanks Doug - you're version was really cool too:)
Very nice!

Hair shaved on the sides is a tad bit overdone tho....you have him looking almost like a "Screamin' Eagle"......
A bit, yeah.
Looks great!
A bit fresh-faced perhaps, but a great figure.
Thank you:)
I did think the same when I first got the sculpt. Interestingly, if you read the screenplay, Wardaddy is introduced as being in his twenties:

"This is
DON "WARDADDY" COLLIER.
Late twenties he looks middle
aged. A light beard and hollow cheeks. Years of combat have
ground him into something hard and sharp."

Excellent work. Still need to watch this movie when I get the chance.
Well, you sure beat everyone (companies included) off the mark, Nigel. Very nice, right down to the grips on his pistol. I see you decide to pass on the stitching on his insignia, which would be epic and insanity-causing work.
Thank you Mike:)
Don't forget Doug's version, he had that posted before the movie was even released:lol
Looks great, I have two of the same head sculpts and they are really nice, just waiting for a few parts and I will have mine done.

You might want to look at the jacket again, you have the late war style and in the movie he wears an early style with large pockets on the front (i might have that backwards late war early war?) I think I am going to use two jackets and cut one up for the pockets..not sure yet..

Love the little base as well, good job
Thank you very much:)
Tanker jackets are not the easiest item to find, I actually ended up buying DML's Micky just to get one - I really do like the scale of the zip on this one.
Nicely done, though I see more Guy Pierce in that sculpt than I do Brad.

CHEERS!
Cheers Roger:)
Man, you and sculpts :wink

David
Yes, this is really rather embarrassing, I went to great lengths to ensure I got the correct revolver. Unfortunately I was working on my Indy in a Tux at the same time who, ironically, does use a colt in that particular scene instead of his customary 1917. I ordered one of each and..... well, you can guess the rest. What a maroon:bag

Nice work Nigel, I only saw the film for the first time the other day when it was released in the UK on dvd, I relly enjoyed it for what it was and you've done an excellent job on wardaddy.
Thanks man:)
I'm waiting on my pistol & holster for mine from BGT. Although a Smith & Wesson, it's not a M1917. I figure its in the holster and you make certain concessions when dealing in 1/6 (like the scarcity of the cavalry boots).

I love the grip on this. Great figure.
If anyone needs it (the top images should be to scale):

I know he wouldn't have reversed image on the other side but, you know.
simply Superb work!!!!

Cya,
Hankster
Thank you:)
Great figure Nigel, the weathering on the clothing, posing and base are all excellent. The head sculpt although good, doesn't remind me of Brad in that role, he is fuller faced and more grizzled in the movie. Have you seen the excellent rendition by Alex Lopez? Imho I think it is the most like him that's available at the moment.

Cheers,

Peter.
Cheers Pete:)
That is cool but I recon you could do better:)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Nigel said:
Don't forget Doug's version, he had that posted before the movie was even released
I stand corrected. Too much data, too little space on the old hard drive....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts