One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
They're huge, they're a cornerstone of nerd excess, they're financially crippling...

And Indy will be the first one I ever own. :cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
1/6th is the way for me ... unless ... no I bought one multi-hundred dollar statue (bruce from enterbay). SS Indy, the Special Collectors Edition of GTA IV and Comic-Con 2008 are really setting me back this year. Christ another Bruce price figure will financially cripple me. Bye-bye rent! lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The tease shows so little and yet so much. The jacket looks so much better than the 1/6 version. I wonder what posing possibilities this will have. I hope there is at least the option to put the whip on the belt and maybe an extra right arm to hold the gun.

I told myself I don't need the PF. Resolve fading...

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
I wonder what posing possibilities this will have. I hope there is at least the option to put the whip on the belt and maybe an extra right arm to hold the gun.
Are the other PF figures poseable?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Are the other PF figures poseable?
Some have limited options. I believe that there are one or two that have cut shoulders that provide a bit of movement, although I don't remember which. Some, such as Leia (exclusive?), have swappable arms to create a couple a different looks. It is more of a display variation as opposed to real possibility.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
I was actually hoping more for a PF Indy than a 1/6 when they first announced the license. Indy is such an Icon, and I wanted a once for all, worthy representation in my collection. The Temple of Doom poster image was my ideal for the PF, but doesn't look like that'll be it. Whatever. The price will easily be $250 or more, but bring it on. I can resell my exclusive 1/6 SS Indy on eBay to cover the cost when I get it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If the PF Indy looks good, I'll definitely pick on up. I started collecting the 1/3 scale Cinemaquettes lately, and although at first I was overwhelmed by their scale, I've started to really like the bigger stuff. Hopefully, though the paint job on the 1/4 scale Indy head will look decent and the hat doesn't look too fake if it's resin.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have the Lurtz and Punisher PF figures.. They have no poseability at all. But they are frickin sweet.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I was actually hoping more for a PF Indy than a 1/6 when they first announced the license. Indy is such an Icon, and I wanted a once for all, worthy representation in my collection. The Temple of Doom poster image was my ideal for the PF, but doesn't look like that'll be it. Whatever. The price will easily be $250 or more, but bring it on. I can resell my exclusive 1/6 SS Indy on eBay to cover the cost when I get it.
I would also opt for the Temple of Doom image.

I have become quite a fan of the SS 1/4 scale PF figures. My favorites are the Logan aka Wolverine figure because the mix of statue and the detail of the real cloth clothing is uncanny. My other favorite is the armor on the Iron Man and the swappable head. I missed out on the stealth mode version though - sold out before I could even log on. This Indy statue looks very promising.

·
Registered
130 Posts
No hope on this one. Showing the hand as a preview leads me to believe they have no convidence in the portrait sculpt. The 1/6th preview was a huge disappointment (second only to the POTA Brent), and I can't see the production figure looking any better. SS really needs to give up on Harrison Ford.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Given the typical quality of Sideshow PF figures and their price point, I can predict that I'd be more pleased with the final product compared to the larger (1/3) and extremely expensive (up to $2,000) Cinemaquette Indy Jones statue.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
No hope on this one. Showing the hand as a preview leads me to believe they have no convidence in the portrait sculpt. The 1/6th preview was a huge disappointment (second only to the POTA Brent), and I can't see the production figure looking any better. SS really needs to give up on Harrison Ford.
:rolling:rolling:rolling:rolling

Step away from the crack pipe...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.