One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wouldn't you guys agree that there should be more weapons used by the Spec Ops community in the 1/6th scale. Such as the;
XM8 series; carbine, rifle, grenadier and automatic rifleman
Mk 48 mod 0 machine gun
and even the SCAR in both 5.56 and 7.62; carbine, rifle and grenadier.
Great pics on "Ghost Recon, Summit Strike".
--Charlie Mike--

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The answer: "What is YES".

·
Im a Picatinny Rail Nut
2,965 Posts
Sure Id love to see a XM8 but what Id really like to see is a package that has different grips, rails, optics etc. Parts could be mixed and match to create different variants of the same weapon.

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
XM8 = Super Soaker
The SCAR looks like a FAL on speed, not as ****ty as the XM8 but by far not as good as the current weapon systems, the Mk48 on the other hand is a nice looking tool =)

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
XM8 isnt adopted, SCAR / FN won the goverment contract.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Palaboon said:
XM8 isnt adopted, SCAR / FN won the goverment contract.
This statement is more than a little misleading. The RFP for the OICW Increment 1 (for which the XM8 was vying) was suspended for an anticpated 8 weeks in the middle of July to review the requirements for the weapon. While this put everything on hold, one would be hard pressed to say the XM8 is completely out of the running. What this does allow for, however, is more entries as well as input from other services.

The FN SCAR won an unrelated contract with unrelated requirements.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Jørg said:
The FN SCAR won an unrelated contract with unrelated requirements.
Jorg is right on both statements. FN SCAR won a contract with the US SOCOM. As for the XM8, it still has a chance since the DOD has decided that the next contract for the next assault weapon must also include weapons to replace both the M4, M16, and M249 SAW. The competition was delayed 8-12 weeks because certain weapon manufactures were claiming HK had too much of an advantage since they'd been working on the XM8 for two years now. Its now to be held in Mid-October.

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
4,006 Posts
Hi all:
I'm a little leery only because the proposed weapons will detract from much more sought after rifles like the AK. Of course if some smart company decided to thrown in an AK variant along with the requested special operation weapons, then I'm for it :lol ;)

xavier

·
(a.k.a. Allen)
1,219 Posts
We need more weapons of all kind's. DML is slowly trickling out some nice stuff for WWII, but much is still lacking in all genres. Badly need some AKM's, AK-74's, PKM, RPD, RPK,SKS, SVD, just to mention a few. More weapons sets please!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know that the Special Operations Command went with the SCAR program, saw some prototypes while in "Group"--was a little hesitant on the system, due to the uncertanty of the system. However, after seeing the demonstration and hands on, I was converted to "SCAR". Yes, I also knew that the XM8 was placed on hold. And yes, I would like to see more weapon sets (modified AK's, Sa80's, G36's) from different manufactures. However, my choice is, XM8's, SCAR's and Mk48 mod 0.
--Charlie Mike--

·
prolific kitbasher, OSW Librarian
4,006 Posts
Allen:
C'mon don't ask for something so obscure that only 100 million+ rifles have been produced :lol
So repeat the Lizard's Mantra(tm): there's no market for modern :p
You'll feel so much better

xavier

xavier

·
Registered
285 Posts
Rebel Ape said:
We need more weapons of all kind's. DML is slowly trickling out some nice stuff for WWII, but much is still lacking in all genres. Badly need some AKM's, AK-74's, PKM, RPD, RPK,SKS, SVD, just to mention a few. More weapons sets please!
I agree, would love to see a RPD/RPK. Been trying to figure out a way to bash one, but i'm way to scared of screwing up the few remaining AKs I have left unattached to a figure. Has anyone else done any?

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
I gotcher pulse rifle right here, bub...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts