One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Airborne Chief
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've worked on this bash for a couple months. It seems like it took forever to get it how I liked. This bash represents an operator participating in operations against Al Qaida in Diyala Province, Iraq in 2007. He can belong to either CIA SOG or a military special operations element, you decide. Hope you like.
Parts list:
Head and Body: BBI Raptor
Hands: HT Tackfield
Boots: NLM Boondockers (used these to give some character)
Pants: DID ACU
Shirt: HT black Polo
Body Armor: TS black LVBAV
Vest: TS ACU plate carrier (love this kit, but I had to tape the side straps to hold it in place)
Drop Leg Pouch: TS ACU panel with TS ACU pouches
Misc.: BBI strobelight, HT GPS, HT chemlights, HT thermite grenades, HT multi-tool, BBI boot knife (hidden in admin pouch), and HT rescue tool
Kneepads: 1x black ACE
Comms: ACE T-headset
Headgear: ACE black and tan cap, HT shemagh
Eyewear: HT ballistic sunglasses
Weapons: Boford CQBR with HT bunch sling, BBI M9

Feedback is always welcome.
Tim

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
great looking fig :thumb

one question, what did you do to allow the bbi body to accept the ht gloves?

i was able to use the same tackfield gloves on a BBI 3.5 but i wasnt happy with my end result (i transplanted the female end of a BBI pin connector and embedded it into the HT glove which made the hands too long). yours looks seamless and natural

·
Airborne Chief
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everybody for the feedback and compliments.

Anti-Personnel: I used the original base for the HT Tackfield gloves. I used a file to make the pins narrow enough to push into the BBI body. It's not as hard as it sounds, you just need to continue rotating the pin so it rounds evenly. As you file it, check the fit periodically--don't file it too much. I've used this technique a couple other times with the flexible hands.

Hot LZ: Yeah, I've always liked this hat, but I could never get it to fit with any other bash. It seemed to fit this perfectly. I think it was made by ACE. But, I can't remember, I've had it for years.
Tim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.